BBF and OPK after Miscarriage, some advice please x

Feisty Fidget

Rainbow Baby
Reaction score
Good Morning Ladies,

I suffered my first MMC 2 weeks ago (only passed the sac this Monday just gone) and I started charting BBT again yesterday.

So my question is firstly will I be able to plot ovulation (if it occurs) BEFORE my first period and what will my charts look like?

I don't want to get my hopes up so have sworn not to test before half way through January if the :witch: hasn't arrived but I would love the re-assurance of my ovulation confirmed through fertility friend.

My GP refuses to check my HCG levels to see when they get below 5 and the few times I have done an OPK during MMC it has still been positive. Should I just keep testing every few days? I really don't want to miss our surge but I also don't want to waste a lot of cash (been on SSP for the last 2 weeks and we are broke :cry:) How long did anyone get their positive OPK or BBT confirmed ovulation?

Sorry for the long rambley post, this is all new territory to me and I just want to do everything possible to be pregnant again.
:flower: to you all xx

it will be 3 weeks tomorrow since lost my son at 14+3 i stopped spotting by 5th november and i got my last positive pregnancy test about a week ago im still waiting for ovulation or period my chart says ive ovulated but my temps are too low to think that i have i have not had a positive opk yet some people do not ovulate before they get their first period x

Oh Jenny I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

I have read that your temperature can be much higher/lower then usual so perhaps you have ovulated? It is quite easy to miss the surge for OPK. I really hope you have.

I think I will just bite the bullet and get some IC OPK off ebay and start testing every other day until I get a negative. It is doubtful that I will ovulate naturally before the :witch: anyway as I had to take clomid to get my :bfp: I was just hoping that one small thing to come out of this would be regulated hormones.

x

So sorry to hear of your loss. There is a British research study, just published. It shows that women who have had a first trimester miscarriage have much better pregnancy outcomes if they conceive again within 6 months of the miscarriage. My gynaecologist told me to wait for a normal period first. He said if you don't do that and you fall pregnant right away you have a slightly higher risk of miscarrying, because the lining of the uterus may not have cleared out properly. Only slightly higher though, not high. I am 10 months after my 2nd miscarriage, and wish I'd tried harder before, but have been really down and keep getting urinary tract infections which doesn't help! Good luck!

Thank you so much BBgirl, I am so sorry for your loss :hugs:

I think the only reason my midwife said there was no risk trying immediately is because the baby was only measuring 5/6 weeks. I know that when you are further along they advise you to wait.

I am really hoping to be able to start trying again ASAP, it is our first wedding anniversary on the 14th so it would be nice to be able to start for then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->