BBT Confusion and frustration

Alohner88

Reaction score
Hi so my boyfriend and I have been TTC. We both know it'll be a more difficult with my having PCOS. I had an ultrasound this month to see how everything looks and thankfully my ovaries, uterus and the lining all look great. But I have been trying to track my BBT and it is just all over. My normal temp is normally in the 97 ranges anyway so I'm just completely confused. There's been days where it's 97 something and then one where it was 98 and then 96. I'm just wondering your opinions if I should keep tracking for longer before having concern. I can never tell when I'm ovulating and feel like I have no clue when it comes to CM so my OB recommended temping. I had my period twice last month which isn't normal for me, my boyfriend and I are currently long distance at the moment and we're trying last weekend thinking I would be ovulating this past week according to my calendars. But like I said just curious if you all think just patient and keep checking my BBT or if I should have some concern? Thank you

Are you using a basal thermometer? where it measures to the second decimal point as this will give you the most, can we see your chart?
Sometimes an erratic chart can be linked to a progesterone problem but i would say its more likely linked to pcos, hang in there, this could just be YOUR pattern, everyone is different, I would use OPKs to help pinpoint ovulation along side charting

Are you using a basal thermometer? where it measures to the second decimal point as this will give you the most, can we see your chart?
Sometimes an erratic chart can be linked to a progesterone problem but i would say its more likely linked to pcos, hang in there, this could just be YOUR pattern, everyone is different, I would use OPKs to help pinpoint ovulation along side charting

I am using a basal thermometer. Of course I'll post it no problem. I missed a few days because of recovering from an accident and I'm still just trying to get the hang of this lol. Thank you so much for replying.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 10
I have very rocky temps due to pcos as well. But I did get a clear shift when I ovulated. I confirmed ovulation with a progesterone test 7 days past the shift.

I say keep temping. Do your best to do it at the same time every day but I found and hour out here and there doesn't matter.

Have you tried cross checking with two thermometers to check that the one you have is accurate? Just in case that's affecting it.

The other one I had is broken so unfortunately no. But I did an ovulation test and it was positive. Too bad my boyfriend went back home already and it's been 6 days since we tried last. But I've been taking prenatals and we tried the conceive plus lube so we shall see. Thank you ladies.

I get odd spikes and dips in my pre-O temps all the time, but I do still notice a clear shift post-O. Some cycles my temps don't settle back down to where they should be until AF has ended, but the average pre-O and average post-O temps are distinctly different. It takes a couple cycles of charting BBT to really get used to your own normal. Just keep on doing your best to temp as soon as you wake up, before moving around, at roughly the same time every day. I have an alarm set every day that's slightly before the earliest time we're ever required to be up, so that I can be sure I'll be able to temp at the same time consistently, then I go back to sleep.

I get odd spikes and dips in my pre-O temps all the time, but I do still notice a clear shift post-O. Some cycles my temps don't settle back down to where they should be until AF has ended, but the average pre-O and average post-O temps are distinctly different. It takes a couple cycles of charting BBT to really get used to your own normal. Just keep on doing your best to temp as soon as you wake up, before moving around, at roughly the same time every day. I have an alarm set every day that's slightly before the earliest time we're ever required to be up, so that I can be sure I'll be able to temp at the same time consistently, then I go back to sleep.

That's what I've been trying to stick to, thank you again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->