BBT & waking up early question - help please

starryjune

Two cat "babies"
Reaction score
For the past few mornings, I wake up at 5 a.m. - actually, I think it's been happening pretty regularly since DST, as my body was used to waking at 6 and it still is stuck on that or something. But unless the urge to pee is overwhelming, which it only was once this week, I stay still and breathe deep until I fall back to sleep.

Anyway, I am questioning if my chart is even accurate now. I have been getting at least 6-8 solid hours sleep and then often awake at 5, but then ward off the feeling of needing to pee and get one more semi-decent hour of sleep before I wake up and temp at just a little past 6. But one morning, the day I hoped for the Implantation dip, when I woke up at 5 I had to pee so bad, so I temped. It was 97.2 - indicative of a dip. I went back to bed and temped at my normal time and it was almost 97.9! So... now I am sad, thinking maybe there was no real dip and that all these temps taken after I wake up early are overly high/not accurate. Or does having an ongoing history of restless sleep mean the temps are as accurate as can be for my body?

Please, I know I am sounding stupid, but please help. This is such a critical time and my chart has never looked this promising. I am so tempted to test that I actually had pee in a cup this morning. Then I realized how upset I get after a :bfn: and considered this restless sleep issue and rinsed it down the drain... I have to hold it together at work so any advice or insight you can give, even if it's to say you think my temps are all wrong and should be discarded, please share.

Thanks so much in advance.

Im not too sure how it would have affected things. All i know is that temps have to be taken at the same time everyday after a full sleep before even moving. The day you got up to pee and tempted, it would have rose because you were moving. As for your restless sleep, have you looked into melatonin? Im taking it as ive been having trouble getting proper sleeps. It is amazing stuff.

I think as long as you're temping the first time you're up (first time you're about to get out of bed) and it's relatively consistent in terms of timing, you're fine.

I tend to get restless in the early hours of the morning, but I haven't noticed that it causes a difference as long as I temp as soon as I'm going to be up and about rather than trying to go back to sleep. I also don't worry too much if I get up to pee hours before I'm up, like 2-3 AM, because my body's going to get 3-4 more hours of sleep time to cool back down.

Im not too sure how it would have affected things. All i know is that temps have to be taken at the same time everyday after a full sleep before even moving. The day you got up to pee and tempted, it would have rose because you were moving. As for your restless sleep, have you looked into melatonin? Im taking it as ive been having trouble getting proper sleeps. It is amazing stuff.

The night I got up and temped before I pee it was super low compared the the week's temps before, so even if it rose, it was low. But my temps seem to fluctuate A LOT during the morning hours.

I should probably just chill and figure the pattern is still legit, even if not perfect. It's not like I just suddenly started waking before my wake time - waking up 1-3 hours before I need to get up/temp happens most nights.

I tried melatonin and every herbal sleep aid under the sun, and they often help. But when I am in a manic phase, my mind is on speed and nothing but Ambien shuts it off. I real issue, I know, especially if I get a BFP and have to just sleep naturally... I really try everything, but am trying even more yoga, meditation, breathing, herbal tea, cut back on sugar and caffeine and obviously alcohol... My mind is like a hamster in a wheel.

I think as long as you're temping the first time you're up (first time you're about to get out of bed) and it's relatively consistent in terms of timing, you're fine.

I tend to get restless in the early hours of the morning, but I haven't noticed that it causes a difference as long as I temp as soon as I'm going to be up and about rather than trying to go back to sleep. I also don't worry too much if I get up to pee hours before I'm up, like 2-3 AM, because my body's going to get 3-4 more hours of sleep time to cool back down.

Whew, OK. Starting to feel better. I guess if I wake up at the 5ish time again tomorrow I will stay still and temp then and go back to sleep without stirring too much and temp again at my usual time. That should at least clue me in to how much I do fluctuate and if that big dip was legit or a normal one-hour-earlier temp.

Man, I am going to lose it this cycle!! DH asked my temp this morning and we both had happy tears in our eyes. To think we are hopeful for nothing breaks my heart.

Wow poor you...my mind was like that and wouldnt shut off. I would get 7hrs of sleep but always felt like 3-4 and super tired all day. It just makes you wish you could just live in your bed lol. Yeah i wouldnt worry too much about the temps. Dont need any potential extra stress. Fx for you :)

First of all, your chart looks amazing!!! Can't wait to see it keep going up:) It looks like you got an implantation dip 2 days ago so maybe test in another day or two.

Temping is the most frustrating thing ever! I agree that as long as you do it around the same time each morning, it's fairly accurate. It's good to keep notes in there if you do feel like one or two temps might be off. That way at the end of the cycle you can look back and see whether those ones actually affected the overall accuracy of the chart. It's looking really good though!!! GL :dust:

First of all, your chart looks amazing!!! Can't wait to see it keep going up:) It looks like you got an implantation dip 2 days ago so maybe test in another day or two.

Temping is the most frustrating thing ever! I agree that as long as you do it around the same time each morning, it's fairly accurate. It's good to keep notes in there if you do feel like one or two temps might be off. That way at the end of the cycle you can look back and see whether those ones actually affected the overall accuracy of the chart. It's looking really good though!!! GL :dust:

OK, I made notes for the days I am doubtful on that I woke up early/temped an hour later after restless end of night's sleep. FX I sleep better tonight and my temps stay up. 11DPO (tomorrow) tends to be the time temps drop when AF is packing her bags to head here. BUT I have never had a temp as high as I did this morning, and actually feel hot even now, sitting in my normally chilly office.

THANK YOU LADIES!!

:af::af::af::af::af::af::af::af::af::af::af::af::af::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Bummer about the dip today:( Could it be wrong? Hoping it goes back up tomorrow for you!

Bummer about the dip today:( Could it be wrong? Hoping it goes back up tomorrow for you!

I had a very restless night's sleep... asleep probably about 11:30, woke up briefly at 1:30ish and drifted back to sleep. Awoke again at 4:40, temped and it was 97.6, which the tool online adjusted to what I recorded, 97.9, for my usual wake time (which when I temped then was 98).

But the big "news" is that I caved and tested anyway, figuring it should show an accurate result by 12DPO and got a very clear :bfn:

I stayed home from work and have been crying all day. I feel so stupid, really thought I was pregnant. I still don't have any of the normal PMS and my boobs hurt bad and differently. I hate my stupid body.

I had a very restless night's sleep... asleep probably about 11:30, woke up briefly at 1:30ish and drifted back to sleep. Awoke again at 4:40, temped and it was 97.6, which the tool online adjusted to what I recorded, 97.9, for my usual wake time (which when I temped then was 98).

But the big "news" is that I caved and tested anyway, figuring it should show an accurate result by 12DPO and got a very clear :bfn:

I stayed home from work and have been crying all day. I feel so stupid, really thought I was pregnant. I still don't have any of the normal PMS and my boobs hurt bad and differently. I hate my stupid body.

I'm so sorry to hear about your BFN:( That's just the worst! I never test anymore because it's so damn disappointing. Has AF arrived? Any normal PMS symptoms come on? AF is supposed to start for me any day now once the Provera works it's magic, We can keep in touch for next cycle if nothing exciting happens this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->