BC question when trying to start conceiving

chiSSW

Reaction score
My husband and I want to try to start conceiving this upcoming Aug/September. I have read that it is best to finish your birth-control pack instead of stopping it mid-cycle, however I am currently having break through bleeding due to my pharmacy switching my BC brand last month. If my system is already thrown off should I just stop the pill mid-cycle and get the breakthrough bleeding over with - or will stopping mid cycle throw my body off even more?

Thanks!

I honestly dont think it matters if u stop mif cycle, i forgot to take my pill all the time, then would remember for a few weeks and then forget and so on, i fell preg in the middle of all that

I just stopped taking my BC last month after four years of being on the same one. I would finish the pack even though your cycle is thrown off. Stopping mid cycle may just make it take longer for your body to regulate. For me, I got (what I think is) my period about a week and a half after I would have, had I stayed on the BC so it seems like my system is regulating. It may not matter much, but I would just finish the pack.

From my experience I finished the packet before going off bc but my cycles went wacko anyways so I don't think it would have mattered if I stopped earlier or on the last pill.

Although everyone is different, your cycles may not stray too far from what they are now once going off the pill so I would stick with it and finish this pack at least.

I agree the stick with it until the end of cycle. That is what I did, and my cycles since then have stayed about the same, except shorter. Got off in March, still no BFP yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->