BCG Vaccine scar

suzan

Reaction score
DS still has the spot red and popped out. Is this normal? Until when will it stay this way?! I know it a scar stays there, but what about the description I gave?

Maley still has this just how you say and i showed it to the doc and she said that it was fine

Heres a pic of maley's

the second pic you can see how raised it is

Attachments

• 100_1220.jpg
    100_1220.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_1218.jpg
    100_1218.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 100
Marlie's was big and it oozed too for a while. I asked the health visitor about it when she was about 3 months old as it still hadn't gone away. She said it was fine. Marlie's finally stopped oozing last month and it is now just a small scar. Other babies around her were the same.

didnt know babies has BCG vaccinations

I was going to ask about this. Meadows looks like a big blister but I guess thats just normal.

Are all babies supposed to get the bcg vaccine? - Erin didn't. xx

Jessie's was the same too, shame they don't give them in the bum cheek to save scarring their tiny little arms xXx

I didnt know they did them so early i thought they were teenagers befoe they got this jab??

The only give it to babies in cities now... I had my as teenager but they changed it

It also depends on where the parents are from. My hubby is west african so even though he has had his BCG they vaccinate babies as they are more at risk of meeting someone that hasn't been vaccinated and could have TB.
Isaiah's is still raised too, I didn't realise it could still be the same after 6mths

My son had his bcd jab end July when he was four months old. He's now six months old and the scar is raised, red and looks whitish on the surface, as if it's infected or got pus inside. Did anyone else experience this with their child?

They only give it to 'high risk' people or people who live in 'high risk' places - such as cities. I've never had one and we still live in the country so LO not had one either.

my 7 weeks old baby develop a red spot also, it seems normal reaction ya :)going for my 6 weeks check up today , will ask my GP about it.

How old is your LO now? Aisling's finally disappeared (ish) at around 18 months old.

Babies born to relatives from countries where the disease is still very much around and also babies born in areas of the UK where it is multi-cultural, not just a city. I am from Nottingham but live in London and had my baby here and when they came to give her BCG i was so shocked because it's not done in Notts x

I had my BCG as a teenager but it took bloody ages to completely heal months even but I can't even find the scar now.

My LO had his at one month and he still has quite a prominent scar now...Ive been to see the GP about and he's not worried or concerned and LO doesnt complain of any pain from it, so im just going with GP's advice of waiting for it to heal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->