Be honest--how bad did it hurt?

I LOVE THIS THREAD! Thank you for posting it!!!!

Its almost as though you are used to the sensations like when you have Braxton Hicks. It was only when I got these every 2 minutes that I knew this was it! The only 'pain' as such was the burning feeling when head is crowning and skin is stretching a bit, but seriously it is nothing terrible :) Positive thinking changes everything x

I remember watching a doccumentary and the woman was asking what someone would rather, being kicked in the teeth or having a contraction. The other women said being kicked in the teeth. No way was it like that for me. I would rather have the worst contraction I had than be kicked in the teeth.

The contractions hurt. Quite bad. But I could tell me body was compensating for this because between contractions I felt like I was floating and was so relaxed. Then the next contraction would happen and I would roar and then relax. It was such an amazing experience.

The head coming out was uncomfortable and I had to deal with a fear I hadn't realised I had about tearing. I just wanted the pain to go away and it did all in one pop when the head finally finished coming out. The body was nothing compared to the head. I hardly even felt it. And the after birth feeling is exactly like the relaxing in between the contractions but it lasts for hours and I was still on a high for weeks which helped with not getting much sleep.

It took me about a week to forget the amount of pain and actually want to go through it all again. I honestly didn't want to do it ever again for that week but that was mixed with getting up every few hours and being so tired.

Giving birth to my second son is one of the top three experiences I've had. It was absolutely amazing, and I get a buzz just thinking about it :cloud9: It was incredibly intense, and it took a lot of concentration for me to relax and 'go with it' - but I wouldn't describe the sensations as 'pain' at all. At no point did I think 'I need medication' or 'I want this feeling to stop' - even as things were peaking. The contractions weren't a sensation that I felt needed to be 'resolved' with painkillers. Feeling his head crown did sting a little, but it was nothing like I was expecting.

I would give birth naturally and without drugs a hundred times over rather than have a repeat C-Section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->