• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bedfordshire anyone

Aly888; I only have 2 months until I have to go back. Boo! :(
I visited work yesterday and it was REALLY strange. I was signed off in June 2009 & haven't really been in since. Everything is so different...I'm pretty worried about going back :/

ii went bk to work 6 weeks after and i love it, best choice i have made my oh is a fukll time dad

I wish I could go to the clearance sale, but it's just too far away!

I'm due back to work in April, kind of looking forward to it, but dreading leaving Joe :(

Shay,did you go to the sale?we drove past on our way to our friends at 9.30 this morning and ppl were already queueing up the road...it didnt even open until 10.lol!!we didnt get much,but it turns out my OH knows the guy who bought the building (and incidently ended up owning all the left over stock,hence the sale) and he is going to let us in one evening so we can look at whats there without having to fight everyone,wich is great!!the guy doesnt even know what he has got.he hasnt had a chance to go through the stock lists,so the sale stuff is forever changing!!
I left work back at the beginning of november and due back 1st september.iv been in a couple of times and already loads has changed.lol
Are any of you going to do the KIT days you can do?
Mummi2b,i wish I could let my oh be a stay at good dad,but he earns more than me (just) so he drew the 'work' card.lol
I went for a walk around bedford park yesterday.havnt been up there since I was about 15.lol.was really nice though!!

Shay,where do you work?if you dont mind me asking!im really nosey...lol

i couldnt stay at home with my lil girl , i dont drive so i think both of us would go mad, i earn a little less than him at themoment but im going to be a manager in 2 months so pay will go up, i love my job so much that another child is off the cards till 4-5 years time, awwwwww that nice of that guy, i hate sales and that sort of thing, u cant bloddy breath lol

Just got back from going back to the warehouse sale and managed to grab a recaro young expert plus for £55...bargain.plus we already have the isofix base so it suits us well.i also grabbed an OiOi changing bag that was £60 but reduced to £25...they had loads.i may go back and get some in other colours so that I have one for every outfit.lol!! I got her some pressies for when xmas/bday comes around (she was born 20th december).we are collecting presents all year so that we can spread the cost.lol
I really love my job (as boring as it is) too.i wish I was getting promoted coz then I would be earning more than my OH.lol...but it would also mean that my manager would have to leave and that would be a bad thing!!

Aly, one of my friends went and text me that there was a MASSIVE queue so I didn't go yesterday; I'm going tomorrow (Sunday) instead with my Mum. Hopefully it'll be a bit quieter, although I doubt it :S

I don't mind you asking, I work at Lockheed Martin UK up in Ampthill. I'm definately going to use as many KIT days as I can. I was thinking of using them at the end of my Maternity Leave to gradually go back to work. I'm hoping to only go back part-time, at least for a couple of months.

Mumm2b, that's what we're thinking of doing if we can; me returning to work full-time and my fiance becoming a full-time dad. It depends on our financial situation though, at the moment it doesn't look possible :(

Haha,yeah the queue did grow pretty quick.if you go today I would get there at least half an hour early.it gets so busy that they only let people in as people leave!!I should be going back today if I can get out of the house early enough.it is worth a look though!!
I dont know ampthill at all and not sure what lockheed martin is.lol.what do you do there?
I was going to do the same with my KIT days...ease myself back into it slowly.lol!!have your work said you can go back part time?im hoping I can coz I dont think il be able to leave Lana for 5 whole days a week.haha

I'm talking to work at the moment about going back part-time or at the very least, working from home a few days a week. Once that's sorted I'm gonna use my KIT days once a week, ease myself back in to the hard slog of work!!!!

Aly, It's a defence engineering company, I'm a snr admin. in the Quality dept. How about you? What do you do?

I've spoken to HR and they've said I have to 'apply' to change my hours to part-time. They don't have to accept my application but I know a lot of other Mum's that have changed their hours around so it shouldn't be too much of a problem, hopefully!

I know what you mean, I don't see how I'm going to be able to leave Amy for that long! She's gone swimming this afternoon with her Daddy, they've only been gone about an hour but I'm missing her like crazy already! It feels so strange when she's not around :(

Vicks, that sounds pretty much the same as I'm intending to do. I'm not looking forward to going back to work though, they're making loads of redundancies at ours at the moment and everything is SO different to when I left :/

Vicks,working from home sounds like a good idea.i dont have a job that allows for that.i havent decided if I would prefer to work just a few days a week,or 5 days but only mornings or afternoor or something like that!!
Shay,i work at Honda on Ampthill Road.nothing exciting!!
I think most places need you to 'apply' to change your hours.if you go to directGOV website there is a really good guide to what has to be in your letter (i had to write one up for my bosses wife.random,i know)!!
Did you go to the sale today?i ended up spending another £100...oops

Hi ald!! When did you move over to Germany? x

Hi ald!!
How does life in germany compare to sunny bedfordshire?!lol

We have done a fair amount of moving around so it was quite a few years since I lived in Bedfordshire. I loved it there, all my friends are there and I don't think anywhere would really compare. But, Germany is great as well. I think the only time I will live in Bedfordshire again is if we get posted to the base near Shefford which is highly likely as that is both mine and dh line of work. Still "holiday" in Bedfordshire often though!

:rofl: Lol,i couldnt imagine 'holidaying' in bedfordshire!!
I would love to move to another 'shire' but iv lived in bedford my whole life (excluding time away at uni) and I dont think I could handle the change.haha

Are you girls all Bedfordshire born and bred?

*bump* in case there are any other bedford lasses out there?!

Oh,and what age is everyone?
I told you I was a nosey parker...lol.
Im 23,but 24 in June and my whole OH is 25 in a few weeks!!

I'm 28 and OH is 29! We've lived in Bedfordshire for about 5 years, moved from Herts to Leighton Buzzard and we love it here :)

Iv only driven into or through L.Buzzard for work but it looks quite nice there (you know how you can just tell an area is not very nice just by driving through it.lol)!!
What are house prices like over that way?i imagine more than in bedford coz you are so close to Bucks!!
Aww,its nice when you and your OH are so close in age isnt it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->