bedfordshire anyone

I'm 21, 22 in a couple of weeks. OH is 21 and yep, we're both Bedfordshire born and bred :)

:hi: Im on the Beds/Herts border and flit between the two as my side of the family are Bedford and OH's side of the family are Letchworth, and thats where we both work too :lol:

Didnt know there were many Bedfordshire people on here apart from Ald and Aly

Shay,i love your new pic!!have you always lived in Kempston?what school did you go to?i know a couple of ppl your age in Kempston!!
I didnt realise there were so many bedfordshire girls either,and all pretty close too. I think Vicks is out the furthest way over in L.Buzzard!!

im in luton, close to vicks, im 19 and oh is 23 , 24 in a month lool :D

:thumbup: Yeah, literally on the boarder with Bucks!

Aww,well if we ever decide to do a meet in MK then you shouldnt have too much trouble getting there!!hehe

Im starting to think im the oldest Bedfordshire BnB'er on here?!and there I was thinking I was starting out young.i guess im more delusional than I though :rofl: lol

Shay,i love your new pic!!have you always lived in Kempston?what school did you go to?i know a couple of ppl your age in Kempston!!

Thank you! :D

Yep, I've always lived in Kempston. I went to Hastingsbury Upper, as did my OH. It's where we met although we didn't get together until we met up again a couple of years later.

Hope everyone is having a great Valentine's Day!! :D

:thumbup: Yeah, literally on the boarder with Bucks!

Aww,well if we ever decide to do a meet in MK then you shouldnt have too much trouble getting there!!hehe

Im starting to think im the oldest Bedfordshire BnB'er on here?!and there I was thinking I was starting out young.i guess im more delusional than I though :rofl: lol

I'm 27 (28 in July), which now makes me feel really old in this thread!! Dh is 34 though so got a bit of my youth back there lol

:lol: ALD mine will be 35 in a couple of months, he's ancient :muaha:

Lol,its quite depressing to think that we will be classed as officially 'old' when we hit our 30's...i think once I hit 28 il stop there,then every birthday after that will have to become my 28th birthday :lol:

Shay,did/do you know a girl called Hayley Cameron?im pretty sure she went to that school!!
And aww,so you are like high-school sweethearts?!me and my OH went to the same school,but we never knew each other until about a year after I had left.turned out we had the same circle of friends so not sure how we never met before.lol

Lol,its quite depressing to think that we will be classed as officially 'old' when we hit our 30's...i think once I hit 28 il stop there,then every birthday after that will have to become my 28th birthday :lol:

28 is a fab year!!! :thumbup:

Hello, just thought id say HI :hi:,
I live in Bedfordshire too, place called Biggleswade. Born and bred here as was my DH. Its nice finding others from nearby! :)

Hey starflower!!another from biggleswade eh?
Congrats on your pregnancy.is this your first? X

Hello :hi:

Yep this will be my first! :) Im really excited and utterly terrified all at the same time lol
got my gender scan on Monday and cant wait to see how much Tiffin has grown, dont know if we'll find out the gender though. We cant decide lol :)

Aww.it is terrifying but amazing too!!wich hospital you at?

Speaking of hospitals,did any of you go to Bedford hospital for the birth?how did you find it?!

Hi Starflower & congrats on your pregnancy!! :)

Aly, yes Hayley Cameron was in my year but I only knew her by name; we weren't in any of the same classes.

And yes, I had my little one at Bedford Hospital in the Cygnet Wing. Is that where you had Lana? How did you find it?

I found it pretty good; when I got there the Midwives were just changing shifts so OH & I were left in the room on our own for quite a while & those leaving didn't show me how to use the gas & air before they went :/ I had to send OH to find someone. The Midwife I had for the rest of my labour and the delivery was brilliant though! There were a couple of things that 'went wrong' and she explained everything and answered all my questions before they did anything. The Midwives on the Ward were really good too :)

I had Brooke at Bedford, had all of my antenatal care at Stevenage though, i changed hospitals at 33/34 weeks, couldnt change beforehand because i had some follow up appointments due to my low lying placenta, so got those out of the way and then switched

Yeah I had Lana at Bedford Cygnet wing.i went in a couple of hours before shift change and I could really tell that my first midwife was looking forward to going home for the night.lol.she showed me the gas and air,helped me into the bath then that was pretty much the last I saw of her until she left!!my second midwife was lovely though.it went a bit hectic at around 11pm so I didnt see anyone for a couple of hours,but they did stick their heads in every now and then to make sure I was ok...wich I was coz nothing was happening.lol!!
I had to have c-section in the end so when we were moved upstairs I was in that little side room thingy with just 3other women and the midwives and nurses were brilliant.shame I couldnt say the same about the cleaners who were rude and didnt even ask if it was ok to come into my 'area'!!I think Bedford has a good rep for its maternity ward though,thankfully!
Holly,how come you switched?because it was closer or did you not like Stevenage maternity ward?

Hello!!!:hi:

I am Bedfordshire! I am originally from Derbyshire and then moved to Herts. We moved into Arlesey in June (so on Beds/Herts border). I do alot of skipping back and forth as I work in letchworth.

Feel very old though.....I just read through this post and apparantly I am ancient (34!!! :haha:)

Hope you are all well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->