Bedrest at 34 weeks and labor questions

danibeth2000

Reaction score
I've been on bed rest since my 34th week and my second trip to the hospital with pre-term labor, they stopped it both times with massive amounts of fluids and tributaline which took upwards of 8 hours each time. went in with contractions that were 2 mins apart and were happy to settle me out to 10 mins apart and send me home. I passed a kidney stone the day before my last hosp visit and it had lots of bloody tissue with it, drs. couldn't determine if it was from the stone or my mucus plug. also i had a positive ffn, my cervix was still long at the time so they sent me home. So now here I am 35 1/2 weeks along and still having contractions regularly, usually 10 mins apart. About 2 days ago i had another episode were they got down to 2 mins apart, but instead of going in again i just treated from home with massive amounts of fluid and laying on my back for several hours until they settled back down to every 10. My concern is that I feel i'm going to have no idea when to actually go into labor, given i pretty much go into labor every time i stand up. How will I know? should i wait till my water breaks? I'm so used to the contractions now that i'm afraid i wont know when to go in. I've also been having other pre-labor symptoms, soft stool, increased cervical mucus, extreme breast tenderness, boughts of energy, sporadic tachycardia, and if i get up and move my contractions get stronger and closer together. does anyone have any advice or have been here before??? just nervous with this being my first.

Do your contractions hurt? I started having preterm contractions at 27 weeks, but the vast majority of the time they were not painful.
Also, when treating them at home, how long do they normally take to start slowing down?
What they kept telling me was if my contractions got more intense/painful and did not slow down after lots of fluids/laying down, then to go in.
Labour contractions are very painful, and normally radiate throughout your belly and back. And every single one of them hurt. So if you get contractions like that, any leaking or bleeding, I would go in.
If you're ever having an episode of contractions and you're not sure, call OB triage and see what they say. Always better to be safe than sorry!

90% of the time they are painful, not as bad as my kidney stone incidents but no walk in the park either. If at home the run will last 3-4 hours before slowing down and that's with me on my back and drinking tons of fluid. the last 2 times i went i had called my ob first and she sent me to the hosp. I just went in a third time and the ob on staff was amazed at how strong and regular my contractions were (every 1 to 1 and 1/2 mins) with no cervical changes, i guess i'll just have to wait till my water breaks to know for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->