Bedtime antics!

Sarah125

Reaction score
My LO has been going to bed at 7pm for the last few months and it has worked really well for us. We have a play upstairs at 5pm then 6pm we start bath, pyjamas and then feed before bed.

The last week she just won't settle down for bed. It's starting to really get to me now. She isn't grumpy or anything she is just awake! She usually goes to sleep at 7 for about 15 minutes then she is up smiling and laughing and refusing her bed. She will settle about midnight then sleep for a long stretch, usually her waking up time at 7am.

Any advice? Do you think she might need an earlier bedtime? It doesn't seem to be any different if she naps well or not. This girl just doesn't seem to need sleep, pity Mummy does :dohh:

Is she in the process of mastering something new? I found this happened during major developmental jumps. It happened for us around that time (4-5 months) when my daughter first was learning to roll. Then again at 7-8 months for crawling and then again at about 10 months as she was starting to think about walking. It always goes back to normal after, just one of those things you have to wait out until they're over. For us, more naps or earlier bedtime didn't make any difference. I think her brain was just doing too much growing.

how many naps does she have and when is her last nap/for how long?

Thanks for the reply.

She can roll back to front but gets frustrated as she can't roll the other way so it could be that! She does try to get back but just can't manage.

I never even considered that I was thinking maybe she was overtired or something. Hopefully she masters her new skill soon :D

how many naps does she have and when is her last nap/for how long?

She has roughly 3 naps. One in the morning, one at lunchtime then one in afternoon (usually about 3 to 4). It varies as I just let her go down when she wants. She sometimes skips naps though. Like today her last nap ended at 2 and she's still up playing in the jumperoo with Daddy...

Perhaps she just isn't tired at that time at the moment. 4 months is pretty young to expect a consistent routine without allowing shifts for physical or mental development.

I'm going through exactly this too!! My little girl is a great sleeper always sleeping by 8pm but the last 2 nights she will not go to bed at all took me to 12:30 last night to get her to go to sleep she just wants to play all night and is a little fussy I'm putting it down to a developmental leap so I'm spending these hours trying to encourage her to master her skills I think it's the rolling for us also.....

Perhaps she just isn't tired at that time at the moment. 4 months is pretty young to expect a consistent routine without allowing shifts for physical or mental development.

Thanks. I'm not after a set in stone routine. I just feel midnight is a bit late for her (and my :haha:) bedtime considering her last nap ends at 4 then she's up at 7am :shrug:

I'm going through exactly this too!! My little girl is a great sleeper always sleeping by 8pm but the last 2 nights she will not go to bed at all took me to 12:30 last night to get her to go to sleep she just wants to play all night and is a little fussy I'm putting it down to a developmental leap so I'm spending these hours trying to encourage her to master her skills I think it's the rolling for us also.....

That's so weird our babies are pretty much exactly the same age too! Hopefully it is the rolling and it passes quickly for us :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->