Bedtime is Turning into a NIGHTMARE!

PitBullMommy

Princess, FF & Angel Mom
Reaction score
Charlotte used to be SO good about going down to bed. She'd get her bath at 8, get changed into pjs, read her sweet dreams book, play prayer bunny, have a bubba and go to her crib where she'd go right to sleep. The past few days we haven't deviated from her schedule, but she will NOT go down for the night until around 11pm! We do everything the same and she SCREAMS from her crib until we bring her back out to the living room to play. She plays for a bit, I try putting her back down and it's the same thing until 11 when she goes down. I have no idea why, but sheesh...I'm TIRED! She still wakes up at 640 in the morning for the day and she's not taking any longer naps...they're actually SHORTER! Does she just need less sleep now that she's just about 8 months old or...what?

First off :hugs: when sleep patterns change it can be rough.

How has teething been so far I know that sometimes when they are getting teeth be it first or more it can sometimes feel like someone took your perfect baby and traded them out for one you don't recognize.

I had a time a month or so ago that LO just stopped sleeping and we actually found that we just needed to adjust her nap times a bit and she started going for an extra evening nap be up for a couple of hours and right back to bed. What I think happend was that by not getting that extra bit before bed she was so overtired by bedtime that she couldn't get to sleep until she would just crash after tons of tears and tantrums. Not a good feeling for any of us.

I hope that you are able to get back to the easy sleeper you had soon

We are having a nightmare and she's only 4 1/2 months, so I feel for you!!! I guess it's even harder when she's been brilliant and in a nice routine for it all to change. I don't have any advice sorry, just wanted to say I hope it gets better :hugs::haha:and I'll be keeping an eye on the advice you get:winkwink:

My only advice, as hard as it is, don't let her get her way. Instead of taking her out to play, rather try just sitting quitely in her room with her so she can see you and you know she is ok, but just ignore her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->