Bedtime routine now??

sam#3

Lactivist & Intactivist
Reaction score
Harry is 6 weeks old now and i have been thinking about getting him into a bedtime routine as at the moment he just sleeps in his moses basket in the lounge with us until we go to bed,then we carry it up with us.
I was thinking about putting him in the bath at 8 then getting him out giving him a feed and putting him to bed in his crib in our room and going downstairs with the monitor on.

Im really not sure if to or not, he feeds every 2/3 hours even in the night and he generally has an awake time in the evening so im unsure about when to do it.
I feel like maybe i shouldnt because he still feeds so frequently and also i feel like i will miss him being with us i the evening :blush:

Anyone got any advice, tips or ideas :hugs:

It probably doesn't hurt to try, but I don't think I really pushed an actual bedtime until about 3 months old. I did do a routine (very loose and it changed constantly as I found what worked with her), but I did start one from about 5-6 weeks. Just remember to stay flexible at this point. It took until around 4 months for Marlowe to get on a tighter schedule, and even recently I've just tweaked it again as she started to wake earlier.

I know every baby is different but I would recommend that you try it. We have felt that it has worked out really well for us.

We bath her between 6.30-7, rub in her bedtime lotion, read a story, sing a nursery rhyme, feed her and bed between 7-7.30.

I then feed her before I go to bed around 11 and she wakes once or twice in the night.

I know what you mean about missing them and at first you feel as though you have lost a limb when you are sitting there in the evenings without them but I think it can do you good to have some "baby free time"! x

goodluck!! im going through the same thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->