Been a while! And we may have an oopsie.

Dill

Reaction score
Hello, friends! I haven't been on in forever! I had my beautiful rainbow baby in November of last year, and I've been kept on my toes ever since. :haha:

Around my 6-week followup (those first few months are a blur, seriously), I got another Mirena IUD inserted. Some of you might remember that I don't necessarily have the best history with them (2 pregnancies + losses with my previous IUD), but it still seemed like the best option for us. As usual, I bled for about a month. I haven't had AF since.

I've been feeling a little pregnant for a couple of weeks. I had some old tests laying around from when DH and I were TTC, and decided to give them a go, even though they were slightly expired. Negative. Great! Except my symptoms kept getting stronger, and yesterday, after a week or so had elapsed from my last test, I gave in and POAS. I got a line. :wacko: I saw one last test in my cabinet, and figured I'd retest with FMU this morning. Well, this morning, I realized my last test was one of the Chinese counterfeits I received from a bad order off Amazon (Amazon made it right, don't worry, but I kept the knockoffs because they did mostly work). I got the faintest of faint lines on it, but it could easily be an evap. Hubby can't see the line on it, and I can only see it if I hold it at certain angles.

I uploaded it at the Pregnancy Test Gallery.

****Click to see my tests.****

The top is yesterday's Wondfo, the bottom is this morning's counterfeit. It's a bit easier to see the line if you use the invert feature.

Can you let me know what you think? It may be a few days before we are able to pick up some tests from the store, and I am freaking out. I just had to change jobs and now have a reduced income and no health insurance. We tried for our LO, but weren't planning on a second anytime in the immediate future! And with my history of losses (4 MCs), the thought of losing another because I have an IUD in breaks my heart. :nope:

Hey Dill! :wave:

Well I see the top line for sure, but it looks a little thin. I don't see anything on the bottom.

LTNS, tcinks! How ya been? :hi:

You're right, it does look like it may be a little on the thin side. I have a separate upload of that test from yesterday, though it's harder to see because I didn't use a flash:

*Here.*

The bottom one is so hard to see, but it's just a hair left to the Wondfo's test line. It runs right through the higher-up divot that shows up if you invert the pic. It's very skinny.

It could be two evaps, but I did do the water test with the Wondfo and didn't lose the line. Evaps would be preferable, at this point. I'd probably be a little disappointed, but just the one kidlet is plenty for me at the moment!

I see it. Wow, hard to say but looks like it could be positive! When are you planning to test again?

As soon as DH can stop by a store to pick up some tests! I'm stuck out at the house until Friday, and he often works very late nights, so it's hard to say when I'll have some pee sticks in my grubby little paws!

I am so full of emotions right now, and I keep flipflopping between "They must be evaps/false positives," and "Maybe I really am pregnant again," which brings up "There could not possibly be a worse time for us to be pregnant," "I don't want to lose another baby," etc. I'm a mess! I didn't even tell DH yesterday, we are going through a LOT right now and he's under a lot of stress as it is, but I confessed to him this morning ... and he was cool as a cucumber! I wish I had his composure.

That's so great that he's able to stay cool. You don't both need to freak out. :) Hope you get some clear answers soon!

HI Dill. I see the line on the wondfo. I do see something on the bottom one but it doesn't have any colour.

I'll be stalking for your update. Hasn't this year gone quickly.

Stalking
A line is a line and that baby is bright and pink
I'm definitely saying positive

Looks like a positive. I can relate to the flip flop of emotions. Just one day at a time is my suggestion. Allow yourself the time to process as more unfolds. I hope you have answers soon and more so praying you have a peace. Maybe your dhs calmness will help you. :)

The top one looks exactly like mine does so I'll be rooting for you! Welcome back btw!

Definitely see it, but have been burned by IC many many times! Looking forward to your next test, hope you get the result you want! X

I definitely see the line on both, stalking :hugs:

Top one def looks positive and I can see something faint on the bottom one too. Good luck.

I did two different brands of tests this morning (hubby was a little overenthusiastic) and both were stark white negative! There may have been a light shadow on the cheaper of the two, but I think it was just line eye. :lol:

Now I know never to use expired tests again! I've never had false positives before.

Not a bad thing! I'll admit, I'm a little disappointed (which caught me off guard), but I have an IUD in and we're not really in a position to go for #2 just yet! So this is a relief, ultimately.

This scare almost makes me want to remove the IUD and just go for it, though. That would be such a terrible idea, though!

Okay, pretty sure it was positive and I just had a chemical. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->