Been bleeding

clb1982

Reaction score
Im a little worried as i started to bleed a little yesterday :cry:
Well i say bleed but it I was only getting blood when i went to the loo and wiped, but it was proper red blood. However i was not it any pain or leaking blood. It started about tea time yesterday so i rested and called the midwife.

My midwife was not available so i spoke to this other one who really scared me as she said all bleeding in pg is not normal and is always a concern. But she advised me to call again if it got any worse.

So last night i went to bed with a pad on and did not sleep a wink really. When i got up in the morning there was only the remainders of a bit of blood on the pad and when i wipe i get the same. Im getting the odd cram but nothing out of the ordinary. My midwife called me this morning to check i was ok and offered to book me a scan if i need one. she also reassured me that around the time af is due some women have a bleed as the baby is not taking up the whole womb and some of the lining can shed due to the fluctuation in hormones.

I just wondered if this has happened to any one else and if the baby was ok after?

I will however take up the offer of a scan should i bleed again today. In the mean time my feet are up and df is running round after me :laugh2:

dont have any advice but i wanted to wish you good luck!

Glad you're being looked after!! I think bleeding in early pregnancy is quite common. Relax and try not to worry too much- I know thats not easy!!

I had bleeding around 7 weeks and even passed a small clot. It wasn't heavy bleeding and seemed to stop quite quickly. I went for a scan and everything was fine. It is suprisingly common infact I've had it with all 3 of my pregnancies between 6 and 8 weeks and with the first one it even lasted for about 5 days and everything was fine. I hope everything's ok :hugs:

I had bleeding in the early weeks and my LO is fine

I've had bleeding twice this pregnancy, once on Boxing Day when I was almost 7 weeks, and once last night. I'm not concerned because my midwife told me why I bleed - my cervix is very sensitive and when I have a rough bowel movement (tmi lol) it sometimes causes a capillary in my cervix to burst :) I was told what to expect, and that is exactly what happened. See your midwife, maybe get a scan and hopefully everything should be ok.

And the other midwife was unfair to you. She should not have made you feel uneasy that way! Bleeding is actually fairly common in pregnancy and happens in 1 in 10 of all healthy pregnancy's. Good luck :)

Glad you phoned you MW, always best to if your worried, my doctor thinks i am a right hypocondriac and that was before i was pregnant! better to be safe then sorry!

i would take up the offer of a scan even if the bleeding stops, chance for you to see little one and will put your mind at rest. Hope all goes well!

Hey, hope you´re ok. When I was pregnant with my first, I went to the toilet one day (at about 8 weeks), wiped and there was a lot of red blood. Really scared as I´d had a miscarriage before, I just rested, eventually the bleeding got lighter (browny) and stopped after about a week. I´m kind of expecting the same again this time!! :( Although I hope it doesn´t cos it´s stressful!!There is hope, I know it´s worrying but hang in there XX

Hope you and LO are ok. Like some of the others have said some people do get a little bleeding during pregnancy, but it's always worrying when it happens. Let us know how the scan goes :hugs:

Thanks for all your response's girls its really helped a lot.

You will be pleased to know that the bleeding has stopped.I have been resting since yesterday evening and am feeling a lot better now.

Ive already had one early scan at 5wks 3d so decided to only go for another if the bleeding continued but i've not really had any blood since yesterday.

I am ok now but very very tired as i did not sleep a wink last night.

Hi i had the same thing twice in my first pregnancy and its scary i was an utter wreck thinking the worst then the doctor my oh called for me explained that your body can get rid of old blood while it is getting used to all the hormones surging through it i had no pain or discomfort with the bleeding it just freaked me out a bit a few sleepless nights followed because i still worried but 27/11/96 a healthy happy 8lb 5oz little girl came into the world and by god i have never been able to shut her up since lol please try not to worry try some nice hot chocolate or horlicks to relax you and maybe a good book youll soon drift off to sleep at least it works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->