Been given or brought and what?

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

I am just wondering what if anything have you ladies already brought or been given ready for when you have a LO. I have brought some baby clothes bnwt from ebay. I have a carrier bag full, they were at bargain prices I just couldnt resist!! I would like to get a few more things as I am rubbish at saving!! :D

I know some people may think it isnt a good idea as may 'jinx' it but I think whats meant to be will be and one day we will all have the LO we long for!

x

I'm dying to start buying, but OH keeps stopping me as he feels it's bad luck, and since it's his money I'll be spending he kinda has the final say :rofl:

Lol. OH thinks I am a bit daft but my excuse is I would just spend the cash if tried saving so if see bargains may aswell buy!

x

ive got a few baby things.. its my sort of therapy for my mc and just feeling nice buying some babythings.. :D in the jan sales we got some stuff because there was v cute baby grows for a few euro so thought why not.. my oh got me alot of baby stuff for my bday... it was lovely and sweet but im sooo broody now hehe

My mums knitted me a little white cardigan, so cute!! Other than that im not buying anything although all the January sales are so tempting!!x

Redrose19 - thats lovely. So sorry for your losses but heres to a sticky bean nxt time!!

ladygagafan - thats nice of her. You could ask her to kit the baby out. Its nice to have something to get you through isnt it. I have started crocheting again, I only know how to do blankets so may have a room full! Lol.

x

I was home at the weekend and my best friend has 2 LO's - one girl who is 1 and one little fella who is 4. Totally adorable - She is the first one at home that I've told we are trying for a baby and she said "Thank God for that, I've tonnes of baby clothes, some still with labels on in a bag for you"

She wouldn't give them to me though.... too superstitious!!

Not sure I could actually buy anything yet, I guess I don't want to jinx myself either :blush:

ahhh confession time

toiletries
2 sleep suits
bottles
sterlizer
dummys
breast pump
bottle cases
and a few other bits a bobs

spent £90 or so and saved over 150, i love the sales

my point of view is we are gonna need them, so if i start now its less of a blow financiall as it all adds up,

if i buy a 6 pack of wipes each month then it means i will have plenty when bubs does arrive...

I have used every bit of will power i have to stop myself from buying things. I am obsessed with strollers- i want a luxury one and i'm already saving for it! But i've been very good and haven't actually bought anything yet- it is so very hard. I've now banned myself from even looking at things. I figure I'll have 9 months to search the net and the shops so I'll wait.
But saying that, my parents have given me a few things. They gave me a bassinette and a baby seat attachment that's like a high chair.

I find myself looking longingly to buy baby and kids stuff.
I have a niece so I just splurge on buying for her instead.

I think when I finally have a baby I might even not buy baby stuff because I know my whole family (including my DH side) for sure will be soo excited and just waiting to get the opportunity to buy those baby stuff :)

im glad i have a little boy already i can make the excuse that hes gunna need it poopy thing is isi got enough little boy clothes to fill a damn dump truck if i buy more hubby is would look at me like my brains got some problems.

So glad I am not alone! :D I am thinking the 9 months leading up to can get main things and will need to save some for while on maternity leave. I am a little supersticious but really believe if its meant to be it will, however long it may take us and whether we catch quickly or need help along the way. It will be!

Broody!! How are you, have you been off for a while or have I just totally missed you being online! :D

x

My hubby actually works for a the supplier of M&S Babywear and I have bags of the stuff here because he is allowed to keep the samples.

I give some away, like to my cousin and my sis but I've saved a lot - for me and a few items for one of my buddies on here.

I can't really keep it all though - I have enough clothes to kit out both a boy and a girl for 2 years, as well as a bag of unisex stuff.

I don't think I'd buy anything until I was at least 3 months along, too scared of jinxing. Silly, I know :D

For those who have brought do you find it addictive cause I sure as hell do!! :D

x

Hi Hulahoop,

Not been around too much - it's my busiest time of year at work (Tax Return deadline on 31 January!) Next week though I'll be back with a vengence ;)

How are you doing?

coming from experience 9 months to get everything u need is not enough and its smart to start shopping prior like hubby and i didnt have a crib till i wass 38 weeks along raising a baby isnt cheap and i think your all very smart to start shopping now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->