been having painful tummy tightenings since 9p.m. last night :( UPDATED PG 1

mrs_rj

Reaction score
since 9p.m. last night (at my hubbys work xmas do!) i started to get painful tightenings every 5 minutes or so and they are still going now. had to go home early from the xmas do as really started to feel unwell - sick, dizzy, and really bad pain across my bump and lower back. i had them all night (having to get up about 2a.m. to go to the loo) and still have them now - my tummy now just feels so sore and i have like really bad period type cramps.

i tried some paracetamol but they didn't seem to work so i have had a very unsettled night. i can't imagine it's the start of things as still not lost any plug or waters and at my last MW appt 9 days ago she was head down but still free. Was in hospital 2 weeks ago for a few days with regular tightenings but those were'nt painful like these, just uncomfortable.

sorry for the long whinge - just feel a bit down this morning and i think this baby is just teasing me!!! :cry: xxx

UPDATE: well, after the pains kept coming rang mw at 6 tonnight and they asked me to come in. on monitor and having regular tightenings again so gotta stay tonight :cry: cervix is still closed tho so god knows whats happening :shrug: her head is very engaged tho - does this mean it could happen soon?

mornin chick, id give the hosp a lil ring for advice just to be sure. u only have another week until ur full term so if u go now im sure ud be fine if thats the case!!

they say take paractmol and bath etc and if that hasnt helped then defo give the hosp a ring. x

Like abbysbaby says ring the delivery suite and see what they say, it might be theyll want to check you over otherwise may recommend some pain relief, a bath might really help :+) good luck. X

thank you hun - will give it couple more hours or so and see if they go at all. if anything was going to happen would they have got worse by now or can this go on for ages first? xxx

well, i was having some tightenings in my belly and sever period cramps on wednesday and thursday. on wednesday i went from 0cm-1.5cm, then got sent home, thursday i started contracting again and went back to hospital, i went from 1.5cm-4cm in an hour and a half, then stopped dilating. spent the night at the hospital and then they started talking about inducing me, but i didnt want to be induced, as I was not term yet. Came home yesterday morning, and I lost my mucus plug yesterday and today some more.
Anyways, if I were you I would call the hospital and go in and get checked.

this is my first but im sure they can go on for a while, they can start and go on and on then they can stop and its like nuthin.... so ive read, i think its called transaction.. although i cant be sure, im prob wrong

Sorry you're not feeling great, but if I were you I'd defo call the maternity ward, just to be sure. A short call won't hurt and they won't mind. Hope everything's ok, take care :hugs: xx

Why do they always suggest a bath? :rofl: I haven't dared get in mine for months because there are no handles and I have no idea how the fudge I would get out :rofl: I hope you feel better soon mrs_rj :hugs:

PS omg you must have got married the day before us!

Oh hun :( thats not nice.
are you going to ring anyone? or just see how it goes today?
(i wouldnt have thought little one will come early, especially now its snowing hehe ;) but maybe worth a trip to the hosp to see what they say?)
when i had those painful braxtons they made me feel really sick too (though i wasnt sick which is good) keep me updated xxxx

Why do they always suggest a bath? :rofl: I haven't dared get in mine for months because there are no handles and I have no idea how the fudge I would get out :rofl: I hope you feel better soon mrs_rj :hugs:

HAHA I HAVE HANDLES :thumbup:
still scared of slipping though!!!!

my mum said, ''dont ever have a bath when nobody else is there! you might slip OR you might not be able to get out!!!!''

thanks mum :thumbup: :rofl: xx

HAHA I HAVE HANDLES :thumbup:
still scared of slipping though!!!!

my mum said, ''dont ever have a bath when nobody else is there! you might slip OR you might not be able to get out!!!!''

thanks mum :thumbup: :rofl: xx

we have handles on our bath but i still managed to get stuck lol xx

yay :) I know you've had a horrible night but it sounds like youre in practice labour!! Its all a good sign - you're body is gearing up so you can meet your baby.

Try and stay positive :0) Youre one step closer to meeting baby for the first time xxxxx

fingers crossed for you hun :( thinking of you :hugs:
you're in the best place even though hospitals aren't nice xxxx

OH AND TELL THAT BABY OF YOURS TO STAY PUT
how rude ;) she's making you have aches and pains already x

thank you hun! Am home now thank god - still having tightenings but not getting worse. just getting so tired and sore now as they are coming every 5 mins or so :-( just feel so fed up now xxx

Fingers crossed she stays put for a while. Hope you feel better soon hun. Take care :hugs: xx

thank you x the docs said if she did arrive now she would be absoultely fine, just getting so tired and frustrated with it all - feel like she is never going to come out! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->