Been in tears since having 2nd scan this morning

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
I knew i would be disappointed if we had another girl but I think.im.more upset than i thought.
I desp wanted a boy and feel so so low :(

Will this feeling get better?
My dh is disappointed too but not as much as me & is comforting me

I'm sure that this feeling will start to fade. Especially when you start getting things ready for baby and picking names and if your daughter becomes excited about having a sister. Even if it doesn't completely fade yet I'm sure once she is placed in your arms it will disappear.
Hugs

Thank u.motherofboys I really.hope so as Im finding it a bit difficult at the moment....

I was the same when I found that I am having a girl. It's awful to feel so disappointed when your having a healthy baby, but you can't help it! :-(

I feel for you :-( but in the plus side you will have two daughters And goodness I have the best relationship with my sister! She is awesome, we really have a wonderful relationship! Hopefully your two will have the same :) xxx

big hugs! I found out a few months ago I'm having girl #3, this pregnancy felt so different and I really thought there was a chance it might be a boy. I felt physically ill and was so depressed when we found out. I felt ressentment towards my friends that had boys, or had both sexes, I just felt so angry. And at the same time I felt like so incredibly selfish for having these feelings.
Like you, my husband was less upset comforting.
It may sound pathetic but part of me is still holding on to the fact that the tech may be wrong and that there is still a little chance, even if I saw with my own eyes there were no boy parts :)
I feel a little better now, and am trying to look at all the positive aspects of having all one sexe. I also have found some comfort in thinking of the future, if I'm blessed long enough to see live a long healthy life, and get to see my kids graduate, marry and have their own kids, in the end, when I'm a little old lady, I don't think it will have mattered.

I've been reading that after 1 girl ur chances of having a boy second.go up to 54% so why did I have to fall into the minority?? :(

Its been 5 days since my scan & im still feeling quite down..i keep looking at ppl with children of both sexes & feel envious!!

I understand that feeling. I'm the same or when I see someone since they are having one gender after 2 or 3 of the other.

I know how you feel I was like that with my 4th boy but then I nearly lost him and didn't care so much that he was a boy just that he was ok!! This time round I think ill be devastated if its another boy And all my friend have a mix of boys and girls I think a girl would complete my family and I'm sure you felt the same about a boy once you see your baby and hold her all your disappointment will vanish x

and to make.it worse i will always think 'what if'
bcoz we dtd 2 days before ov & would have 1 day before but my dh got the hump with me about something so then didnt dtd until ov+1

Who knows if we had dtd on ov-1 we might have got a boy now we'll never know :(

Don't think like that it will eat away at you just try again after this one you will love her no matter what once she is here x

i know...trying not to but cant help it....
I think i would like to have a 3rd now but only if its guaranteed... wouldnt be able to 'chance it'
plus ive read chance of boy decreases after 2 girls!!
wen do u find out geordiemummy??

I'm only 8 weeks but will get a 16week one if I get that far with this baby I couldn't wait til 20 weeks I'm too impatient lol I said I would only have a 3rd if it was a dead cert of a girl don't know what happened there though cause this is the 5th but defo the final one x

ahh fingers crossed! do u know wen u conceived ur boys? and did u do anything to influence the gender this time?

My 3rd we only had sex one time during my fertile time, that was 3 days before ovulation. This time I think we may have dtd too close to ov. One day before and one day after. Unless some managed to hang on from 6 days before :/

I ain't got a clue had a mc on the 2nd jan and must of dell pregnant again straight after so wasnt planned really I had given up trying after losing the 4 but here I am and I'm hoping its a girl but I hoped they were all girls but just kept getting boys so I know ill live it either way as you will with this baby x

I was seriously depressed when I found out I was having my 4th girl. I cried my eyes out at the scan and never really got over it all through my pregnancy. However, I now adore my daughter...as soon as she came home and we started being together all the time it was like a weight was lifted. Hang in there hun...it gets better :hugs:

Just think about how happy your daughter will be to have a sister to teach things to. Sisters are always closer than brothers and sisters. Try, Try again!! I am going Saturday for my 20 week scan and will find out then what im having and I also reeeallly want a boy. DH was disappointed when we found out our first now 5 year old was a girl but now hes wrapped around her finger. It would be awesome to have one of each, get the experience of Gymnastics and Football and call it a day while only worrying about 2 college tuitions but it sometimes doesnt work that way :( I know ill be a little broken hearted if I have another girl but im sure Jordyn (DD) will be excited to have a little sister to dress up. Thats what I keep thinking about...If I dont get what I want, my DD will have another girl to grow up with. And theres always next time of course! Have another, babies are always a blessing! Good Luck

Thanks twiggy!! yes i hear wat ur saying & everyone that either has a sister or has 2 girls says the same...
i dont have a sister so perhaps couldnt see that side of it... Thats fine im ok with having 2 girls but desp want a boy too to have a balance in the.home...
Mentioned gender selection to dh last nite he thinks im mad but said we'll think about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->