Before Christmas...there's Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Can't believe it's only a few weeks away here in Canada. Must call MIL and she can make the turkey this year. LOL

How do you spend Thanksgiving?

BTW, Starbucks has a lovely Pumpkin Spice Latte that is delicious. Love Fall!

Well usually we have to call the MIL and ask her if she wants us to come :rofl: But since we have Hannah and no car we aren't really looking to go anywhere this Thanksgiving. Have invited the FIL over but he may have to work so it might just be the three of us :lol:

But when I lived in the States my entire family used to get together for our Thanksgiving, and we'd have a big meal and than watch the football game :D

This year's Thankgiving for us this year is Nov. 27th. I'm spending it with DH and in-laws.

What is thanksgiving? Ive never known...

xxx

yeah what do you all eat? apart from turkey :lol:

yikes, we still have to figure out whether we are going to, my parents or my husbands parents for Thanksgiving.

Well my family always had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, dinner rolls, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, and of course an assortment of pies :lol: Oh and I forgot the cornbread dressing

What is thanksgiving? Ive never known...

xxx

Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving Day is an annual one-day legal holiday to express gratitude for the things one has at the end of the harvest season. It is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November. (most people in the US get Thanksgiving and the day after off work, also known as Black Friday)

On Thanksgiving, there's always the Macy's Day Parade in Manhattan and Santa Clause is always at the end of the parade signaling the start of the Christmas Season. There's also tons of football! I personally can't stand football.

Turkey is the main dish along with mashed potatoes, gravy, yams usually with baked marshmallows on top, corn, stuffing (delicious), biscuits, pickled beets, etc. Every family has something slightly different as accompaniments to the turkey. Always followed by tons of desserts, pumpkin pie, apple pie, chocolate cream pie, cheese cake, etc, you name it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"