Being heavily pregnant whilst taking driving test .

toffee2010

Reaction score
I'll be taking my test just over a week before I am due . Is there anyone that can share their experience of the same situation ? What was the examiner like towards you ? Etc x

Not my own experience but Dh bought a new car at the weekend and the salesman told us his wife had passed her driving test after her waters broke!!!!

I took a test at 9 months pregnant. I was huge and my mobility was poor. I hit the kerb on my manouvre because I couldn't twist round enough to see where I was going and I failed. I have heard of plenty of people passing when heavily pregnant though.

the examiner was not particularly pleasant - he made a point of telling me that my pregnancy would not be taken into consideration and if he asked me to do an emergency stop then I would have to or he would fail me. I didn't even expect any consideration though and certainly didn't ask for any - I think he just liked to throw his weight about.

my friend passed her test at 38weeks pregnant and admitted after it she had been getting slight pains during it, her son was born exactly 24hours after she passed.
I think as long as you can still manage to drive then you should be fine, good luck when it comes :) x

I passed at 31 weeks, as long as you feel ok driving you should be fine!
My examiner was really nice, chatted about the pregnancy with me (him not me) and was great, i didn't get asked to do an emergancy stop but i have done a real one since (some silly cow pulled out in front of me :( ) and it was fine, as long as you position your seatbelt right they are no problem x

I was 37 weeks and passed. I felt he was generous since one of my manoeuvres went badly as I couldn't turn round enough with my bump.

I was lucky enough not to get emergency stop X

I passed at 24 weeks, so not massively pregnant. He did ask me to do an emergency stop and I did tell him I was pregnant but he said if I passed I might be driving along tomorrow and have to do one. So I did it and it was fine.

Good luck.

I didn't sit my test while I was pregnant but I was still able to comfortably drive at 40+6/the day before I gave birth xx

(I'm quite tall with long legs so my bump was nowhere near the steering wheek)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->