Being induced at 36 weeks d/t chemo...

moose31

Reaction score
I am 26 weeks and was diagnosed with breast cancer at 19 weeks . I started chemo(adriamycin and cytoxan) at 24weeks and will have it every 3weeks until 33 weeks. My ob and oncologist wAnt baby to be delivered at 36 weeks so I can start taxol (chemo thats not safe for baby).
Anyone have experience with induction this early? I really want a vaginal delivery with No epidural... is this realistic ???

My daughter was induced right 37 weeks and was perfect. I had the steroid shots with her also. I had an induction, vaginal delivery and I did have an epidural. It didn't work fully and it was painful. But not intolerable. My induction took forever but some go quickly. Good luck and take care of yourself.

So sorry to hear that. I haven't been induced but I hope it goes well for you and that you are cancer free soon xx

A lady I know was induced at 36 weeks exactly as she developed complications. She had an epidural free delivery and he was born quickly and healthily. I hope that all goes well for you and that your recovery is quick :hugs:

My 3 year old was born by c-section the day I turned 36 weeks due to being breech, preterm labor, pre-eclampsia, and noticeable distress in the womb. He was perfectly fine, 5 lbs 15 ounces at birth. I had him on a Friday and we both were discharged just a couple of days later on Monday. Prayers that everything will go well for you and baby as it did for me. :thumbup:

I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis.
I had my baby early at 33+6 weeks (spontaneous premature labour). I didn't have any pain relief except gas and air and had a natural delivery.

How are you feeling? Hope your both doing well.

Hope you are well.
I was induced at 35+2.
He was born naturally, and only had to stay in NICU for 4 days. Home within a week :) Perfectly healthy boy now! X

I was induced at 38 weeks but failed to process so it ended in a csection.

A lot of possitive responses about early induction :) hope you are doing ok . Xx

Really sorry to hear your news.

My lo who was boRn in march was at 36 weeks induction

No epi just g and a, and had a 3day stay on maternity ward, didn't need nicu xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->