Being nosey, are you married? planning to/not get married before TTC?

We are not married. I don't really care if we are before we try, but he wants to be so I figure "that's that" :)

Im not married, its 20th century now, not everyone is getting married before having a baby, tbh it doesnt really matter, to me anyways lol
I already have a daughter i think i'll have another before me and my OH even consider getting married.

We're getting married before TTC - I know it isn't essential but its important to us and our families that we do it that way around.

I also want to spend some time being 'newlyweds' and we want to have a fantastic once in a lifetime honeymoon!

I've been married for about a year and a half now (just over). It wasn't important to be or the husband to be married before kids - it just worked out that we got married not too long after I arrived because it was obvious we were compatible living together and my travel visa needed to be switched.

PS. We don't have a lot of money AT ALL and had a really cheap wedding. But we had a blast! I ordered my dress and veil on Ebay (about $100 USD including shipping) and they were really nice quality. We had the ceremony in a park so no fees associated there.

My husband rented his tux and the cost for that wasn't too bad either. We spent a bit on the food and grog, but those were the only bigger expenses. We didn't have professional catering, which saved us HEAPS. Plus, we went to a local cake place for the cake, but we made sure not to mention "wedding" cake. (Mention the word 'wedding' and things automatically go up in price.)

I also made all the wedding invitations, which was fun for me and also a money saver.

wow, that sounds fantastic and something we could afford.

Would you mind if i PM you sometime to ask for more details? :blush:

I've been married for almost a year and a half... the reason we aren't TTC'ing is because I'm in my final years of studies :cry:.

Because of our upbringings, we were definitely going to get married before starting a family- that was never a question really. We didn't have all the money in the world, we didn't even go on a honeymoon!! We had a small wedding with close friends and family. I took the rest of his money and decorated/furnished our new place. I'm such a girl :happydance:

Happy WTTCing everyone :D

Thankyou for all your replys they have been lovely to read and it has really got me thinkin! i think that me and my OH should wait and get married first as it would be lovely to be newlyweds and have a honeymoon and all that, kinda got me all excited about that now, but if it happened before by change thats not a problem too. who knows what the future holds.

We also are very traditional and wanted a year or 2 as newlyweds before ttc

my hubby and i got married in september and basically started talking about trying in the new year immediately. i think it totally depends on your situation and as long as you can provide your child with a stable loving environment (whatever that means) then it's ok to go for it. :)

We started ttc when we became engaged back in May 2008, have been trying ever since without a :bfp:

im married. but i dont think u need to be married to have a baby.

for us it was a natural progresstion we dated, got serious, moved in together, got engaged, got married and then had a baby. its just how it worked for us x

We are having this very dilema right now and I actually posted about it before I seen this thread. We both really want to get married before having a baby but that means waiting a few more years than we like.

We are trying to work out at the minute the way it will work best for us but it is a tough one....we know eventually we will get both things (God willing) but we want to be husband and wife as much as we want to be parents.

I don't think either way is right or wrong, it is just what works for each individual couple x

We got married and now we're trying (Been married 4 months)

I've been married for about a year and a half now (just over). It wasn't important to be or the husband to be married before kids - it just worked out that we got married not too long after I arrived because it was obvious we were compatible living together and my travel visa needed to be switched.

PS. We don't have a lot of money AT ALL and had a really cheap wedding. But we had a blast! I ordered my dress and veil on Ebay (about $100 USD including shipping) and they were really nice quality. We had the ceremony in a park so no fees associated there.

My husband rented his tux and the cost for that wasn't too bad either. We spent a bit on the food and grog, but those were the only bigger expenses. We didn't have professional catering, which saved us HEAPS. Plus, we went to a local cake place for the cake, but we made sure not to mention "wedding" cake. (Mention the word 'wedding' and things automatically go up in price.)

I also made all the wedding invitations, which was fun for me and also a money saver.

we have ordered so much from ebay all of its so lovely when it comes through its like xmas come early my oh used to be a chef so hes doing the food and the cake just because he is fussy and i comletely agree on the dont mention the words wedding things literally double in price it drives me mad i have even told the photographer its a blessin cause it bought the price down by £100! what do they know!!

For me it was very important to be married before we ttc but I can understand why for some poeple it wouldn't be important. I wanted to alone couple time before TTC. We have been married for 1 year and a half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->