Being "pestered" by people

I can't even use my phone at work, it's not allowed, only on lunch when I text my OH so he knows how my day is going/discuss what we are having for dinner etc. Can only get away with chatting on here/personal email cos it's allowed but not in excess

x

Gah i know the feeling.

I know it is people only caring and being concerned but like you said if anything was wrong then you will tell the people who need to be told :dohh:

Chin up chick
xx

Awwww (((hugs)))

Im a texter not caller so if i text someone and they dont reply, i just take it they are busy!

I hate those that call like 10 times in a row!!!!

Being a texter not a caller is the way forward! lol

x

Or you can do neither like me, as I never have credit :rofl:

Lol i do either texting or fb!

I even fb my next door neighbour!!!:haha:

haha when I lived with my house mate we would do that, chat on FB chat, he'd be downstairs and I'd be in bed.

:shrug::haha:

if you directly let those it concerns know how you feel (in the nicest way), im sure that everybody would understand...if they dont, unfortunately, i think you should consider them a stalker rather than a friend. if you do not want to say how you feel, you could always just reply to texts, calls and emails with a concise text/email (dont bother calling, cos that can create conversations which you obviously have no desire to have at that moment) saying that you are busy, fine and will call back when you get a chance. additionally, you can change your voicemail to say "i am unable to take your call right now. please text me if your call is urgent." this way, any genuine calls that you would wanna know about will actually get through to you rather than assuming that every call is unimportant. x

Awwww (((hugs)))

Im a texter not caller so if i text someone and they dont reply, i just take it they are busy!

I hate those that call like 10 times in a row!!!!

Being a texter not a caller is the way forward! lol

x

Or you can do neither like me, as I never have credit :rofl:

Lol i do either texting or fb!

I even fb my next door neighbour!!!:haha:

haha when I lived with my house mate we would do that, chat on FB chat, he'd be downstairs and I'd be in bed.

:shrug::haha:

Ooohhh i do that with some of my kids! In the same room!!!!!!!:happydance:

if you directly let those it concerns know how you feel (in the nicest way), im sure that everybody would understand...if they dont, unfortunately, i think you should consider them a stalker rather than a friend. if you do not want to say how you feel, you could always just reply to texts, calls and emails with a concise text/email (dont bother calling, cos that can create conversations which you obviously have no desire to have at that moment) saying that you are busy, fine and will call back when you get a chance. additionally, you can change your voicemail to say "i am unable to take your call right now. please text me if your call is urgent." this way, any genuine calls that you would wanna know about will actually get through to you rather than assuming that every call is unimportant. x

Thats a good idea although I took my voicemail off cos I had pointless messages that said the same as the text and I had to pay to listen to them...maybe I'll change my number:haha:

Thats a good idea although I took my voicemail off cos I had pointless messages that said the same as the text and I had to pay to listen to them...maybe I'll change my number:haha:[/QUOTE]

i know what you mean about about the voicemail. i dont bother to listen to my vmail messages either cos of the cost. i only kept my vmail activated, not to listen to the messages but, just so the phone does not ring for ages if i do not want to or cannot answer! i think that if you do not listen to the message, the icon indicating that a message has been left disappears 3days after it was recorded. i think that the only time i check my messages is if the call is "withheld" and there is a possibility it was from the hospital about bloods/appts etc as i pref being contacted on mobi rather than landline where family start harrassing the MW with questions like "whats it about, whats wrong with her?!" hehe

Thats a good idea although I took my voicemail off cos I had pointless messages that said the same as the text and I had to pay to listen to them...maybe I'll change my number:haha:

i know what you mean about about the voicemail. i dont bother to listen to my vmail messages either cos of the cost. i only kept my vmail activated, not to listen to the messages but, just so the phone does not ring for ages if i do not want to or cannot answer! i think that if you do not listen to the message, the icon indicating that a message has been left disappears 3days after it was recorded. i think that the only time i check my messages is if the call is "withheld" and there is a possibility it was from the hospital about bloods/appts etc as i pref being contacted on mobi rather than landline where family start harrassing the MW with questions like "whats it about, whats wrong with her?!" hehe[/QUOTE]

Oh god I have been caught out with witheld numbers. I answer in case its my gp/hospital etc and sometimes its a friend/family member (ie my crazy aunt) who I haven't answered to previously cos I have been in the bath/eating/simply watching tv and cant be arsed...I didn't even give her my number, my cousin did who got it off my grandma but how can I say "don't give my number out?" to family?!!?

I don't like phones in general really. I much prefer a text or an e-mail which I can deal with when I get chance!

I don't like phones in general really. I much prefer a text or an e-mail which I can deal with when I get chance!

Yeh tis a lot easier/convinient to text/email WHEN suitable rather than have to juggle a phonecall whilst trying to eat/get on the bus/listen to your ipod!

I can imagine it being a nightmare with a whole bunch of people constantly checking up on you - I get stressed by the amount of calls my MIL makes to me to 'check how i'm doing' and that's just one person.

I've taken to keeping her in the dark about a lot of things now because she just worries and calls me all of the time and it grates. Hubby made the mistake of telling her my tummy was uncomfortable last week (well I do have a baby growing & kicking in there) and she called back half an hour later, just to talk (yeah right) and then again in the morning to ask why I had tummy pains last night. Sorry went off on one there :blush:

Grrr glad you can relate. I mean it's nice that people are so concerned but when you have to repeat the same thing over and over in a phonecall to the 5/6 people phoning to see how you are, it's easier to just text it when you are free to do so.

I've had people getting arsey with me about being ignorant/hard to get hold of cos I haven't returned their one text and 2 calls in the space of half an hour...

Oh god I have been caught out with witheld numbers. I answer in case its my gp/hospital etc and sometimes its a friend/family member (ie my crazy aunt) who I haven't answered to previously cos I have been in the bath/eating/simply watching tv and cant be arsed...I didn't even give her my number, my cousin did who got it off my grandma but how can I say "don't give my number out?" to family?!!?[/QUOTE]

this may sound harsh, but i do pretty much say the above, but i term it more so "can you please ask me before giving my number to ANYONE or let me know if anyone asks for my number cos im having a nightmare with withheld/unrecognised numbers which i therefore wont answer anyway? thankyou!" hehe...at least they cant claim ignorance "oh, i didnt know i couldnt give blah de blah your number!" :)

Oh god I have been caught out with witheld numbers. I answer in case its my gp/hospital etc and sometimes its a friend/family member (ie my crazy aunt) who I haven't answered to previously cos I have been in the bath/eating/simply watching tv and cant be arsed...I didn't even give her my number, my cousin did who got it off my grandma but how can I say "don't give my number out?" to family?!!?

this may sound harsh, but i do pretty much say the above, but i term it more so "can you please ask me before giving my number to ANYONE or let me know if anyone asks for my number cos im having a nightmare with withheld/unrecognised numbers which i therefore wont answer anyway? thankyou!" hehe...at least they cant claim ignorance "oh, i didnt know i couldnt give blah de blah your number!" :)[/QUOTE]

It really irritates me when people do that. I've had people pass my number on to their friends and friends of friends...I used to work in the TV industry and my friend gave my number to her friend who wanted to ask me if I could get something autographed for her. I hit the roof and I wasn't hormonal then! I probably change my number on average once a year, I have a good clear out and start again.

Once my friend gave my number to an old school friend who decided to text thinking it was funny to pretend to be a girl saying I was cheating with her boyfriend...I had just started seeing my ex then and it caused LOADS of shit until my ex actually phoned this number and found out who was doing it...some people are fucking stupid and then they wonder why I yell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->