Being pg at the same time as a friend/family member?

I understand where you are coming from . But I was brought up with all my cousins being similar ages. There was 19 of us and during holidays we used to play together there is 8 years between the youngest and the eldest and I loved it! They were like my best friends at the time! I doubt very much that will happen for my children as my siblings an bfs siblings are not in relationships so doubt it will happen with ours

My cousin is due with her first in September and I am planning on TTC in July but I guess that is a little different. I guess I can see how you don't want someone to "steal your thunder." my SIL waited until my first was born to start TTC her 3rd but it took them longer than expected and she wished she hadn't waited...but everything happens for a reason. Sometimes you can't time these things. And trust me, you will want someone to hang out with a baby around the same age!

I'm am only child and dh's sis really doesn't want kids so wet will be the only ones and I'm a but worried about being the centre of everyone's attention, everyone is bound to have "helpful" advice but none of my close friends have kids so I don't know who I'll ask who actually knows. I think it would be nice for them to have a play mate.

I became pregnant the same cycle my SIL did IVF. She knew we were going to start ttc that cycle (planned it for years- and she knew 6 months before), just like we knew they were doing round 1 of IVF. My daughter is 12 days younger than her DS2. I didn't feel like anything about our pregnancy was diminished or that it took away from our spotlight- or hers. I believe each was completely special and was celebrated as such. I didn't have any particular bad feelings about being pregnant together, and love the idea of having cousins so close in age to grow up together!!

It won't matter who else is pregnant around you, you and your OH will be so happy it will feel like you're the center of the universe! GL with your wait! It seems like it feels forever when you're waiting!

My sister and I were due two days apart. It was nice being pregnant together. The only time I wasn't impressed was when she text to say she was in labour and I was 2 days past my due date (I was due first!) :haha:

Two of my cousins who are sisters were pregnant around the same time. The older sisters daughter just turned 12 on Saturday and her niece will be 12 in December. So their daughters are only seven months apart.

I think I felt like that with my 1st, I wanted my pregnancy to be special- not that it wouldn't be special even if every female relative was pregnant at the same time, but not having any other family pregnant meant everyone was solely ecited for my LO's arrival. Now I would love it if one of my fmily members had a LO at the same time as me because my LO's don't have any family close in age to them and I'd love them to have cousins to play with.

Completely what Eleanor ace said.

When I got pregnant with my first I was worried my SIL was going to be pregnant at the same time as me. She wasn't and she has now separated from her husband. Since having DS and now TTC #2 I'd be thrilled if a family member or friend was pregnant at the same time. 2 of my friends are pregnant now and part of me wished I could have been pregnant at the same time as them but OH said that wasn't a good enough reason to start trying earlier :haha:
I found it very lonely after DS was born, I didn't know many other people with children and the ones I did had children slightly older so they were preparing to go back to work.

I think it's completely normal with your first to want to be the only pregnant lady around, it's exciting and new and precious. Not that second time around isn't but you know what's coming and know how important that company/friendship can be. Also you have another LO that needs entertaining so other children always come in handy :haha:

When I was pregnant with my 1st I was due 2 months after 1 close friend and 1 month ahead of another close friend and it was brilliant! My daughter's best friend is my 1st friend's eldest daughter even though they don't see each other very often and it's just perfect! When I was pregnant with my 2nd I was 2 months ahead of my 1st close friend, 3 months behind and 4 months ahead of 2 other mummy friends and that was lovely! It was being 4 months ahead of my sil that was horrid, although that's probably due to the fact that our relationship is inconsistent and we were going through a particularly bad period whilst we were pregnant at the same time!
Beca :wave:

I can see how you'd prefer to be the only one pregnant. I'm the opposite - I'd love for my SIL to be pregnant at the same time, and for us to have babies close in age. I'm years younger than my cousins, and while we like each other and get along, we don't really have a close relationship.

I doubt it'll happen how I want it, though. SIL is pretty clear on not wanting to get pregnant again. Nephew is 7 months old now, so there's still hope of them being good friends if I get pregnant soon.

I'm sure your baby will be treasured either way :)

We were ttc for 3 years and had 2 mc's before DS. My sister on the other hand, falls pg at the drop of a hat! So when it was clear I was finally having a successful pregnancy, everyone was so happy and excited for me I must admit I was loving the limelight. Then my sister announced she was pg with #3 and I have to say that for a day or two I was a bit cross! She was then getting loads of attention in the form of "oh wow, 3 kids under 5, aren't you brave!" and everyone was discussing how her kids were going to take to a new baby, repeating all the funny things they were saying about why they wanted a brother or sister, etc.

Of course I was happy for her but yeah I definitely felt a bit annoyed I was no longer the sole pregnant lady in the family! However, after a couple of days I got over myself and as people have been saying, was excited for my DS that he was going to have 3 cousins close to his age to play with. I really hope they become good friends and we can have lots of fun family times together :) It was also nice to be pregnant together, sharing maternity clothes, moaning about symptoms etc, it was kind of fun :)

When I was trying for dd my younger sister accidentally fell pregnant and was all emotional and gutted about it. I then fell pregnant 3 months later and to be honest I was just thrilled to be pregnant. I did feel though that because she was ahead nothing happening in my pregnancy was quite as exciting because my sister had just done it. Even when my daughter was born it was less of a thing than my sister's daughter's birth because mine wasn't the first grandchild.

The thing is, even though it was crap that I didn't get my time, I wouldn't change anything because my daughter is amazing and had things turned out another way my baby wouldn't have been this baby.

My sil and I were. She was due a week before me. Worst thing ever. But my sister and I probably will be this time and there's no competition there so i'm not worried

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->