Being sick after feeds from left breast

new_to_ttc

fidget is a baby boy!
Reaction score
This will probably sound crazy, but my LO feeds really well from both sides and until last couple of days hasnt been sicky or anything, but now he has projectile vomit but only if he has fed from my left side. It isnt every feed, its never been when he has fed from the right side though. He doesnt cry, or squirm or seem unsettled. Infact he appears very settled and content, and its as he is drifting to sleep he projectile relatively large amounts of sick, still no crying, then just goes off to sleep. He appears in no pain or discomfort, there is no gagging or retching, no forcing the sick out, no coughing. There are times he seems to struggle with his wind, he burps fine between and after feeding, but sometimes gets upset with trapped bottom wind yet he hasnt seemed to have this on the occassions he has been sick either.

My other concern is the sick is neon yellow. Stupidly looked online to see if this was normal, as my milk comes out white and everything Ive seen says yellow sick isnt normal, but I wondered if it was normal for BF babies? Their poop is bright yellow after all!

Do I need to speak to my HV or Dr? Should I just keep an eye on it? I didnt BF my older LO so this is all new to me. George has been EBF.

My first thought was maybe you have a faster let down in that side and he guzzles too much all at once. But then I read down to the issue of it being yellow and I'm not sure about that :shrug:

I would ask a dr personally. It's probably nothing too major but I'm a worry wort and would feel better to put my mind at rest...

I agree with that he is eating too much from that side and prob faster let down. My DD2 projectiles a lot in first few weeks and now she's 8 weeks and it's settled a lot. Sometimes vomit can be yellow, particularly morning as milk has been in stomach all night. But it shouldn't really be yellow all the time, I would get it checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->