being sick before maternity leave reduce money?

kate1984

Expecting a Princess
Reaction score
Does anybody know if being off sick (with sicknote for pregnancy complications) will affect the amount of money I get in the first 6 weeks which should be at 90% of my earnings?

Im going on mat leave due to SPD at 29 weeks on 15th December as I work in a nursing home and im so so sore but this week ive had some spotting. The doctor wants to sign me off for a week but if I do will that lower the amount I get? Im struggling for money as it is

It won't affect your 90% pay as the figure for this is worked out much earlier...

Your employer must work out your average weekly earnings to find out whether or not you qualify for SMP and, if so, at what rate. As a general rule, your earnings will be averaged over a period of at least 8 weeks up to and including the last pay day before the end of the qualifying week. This period is called the 'relevant period'. But the calculation may differ from this, depending on your pay period.

Qualifying period is around 25w pregnant.

https://www.dwp.gov.uk/publications...nity/statutory-maternity-pay-smp/eligibility/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->