Being Signed of sick

sorry to jump on your thread but reading this has me very confused!

ive been signed off sick since feb.. and im indeffinately signed off untill ive had baby..
ive not discussed with my employer what date i wish to take mat leave from because ive not been there.. i handed in my mat b1 form 2 weeks ago.. because of being on sick leave im happy for my manger to tell me when i will be going on mat leave (where i work is amazing, there is only about 9 of us and we are more like a family than a work place, so we are all a bit unorganised!)

so will i be staying on sick pay untill 36 weeks? or will it change at 29 weeks because thats when i can start?

It's up to you to decide when you want to start your mat leave - so you need to talk to your employer about your preferred start date for this. The only date your employer can insist on if you are off sick with pregnancy related illness is 36 weeks - they can't make you start it earlier than this, but you can decide you want it to start any time from 29 weeks onwards.

If you get decent sick pay you may as well stay off sick for as long as possible (i.e. until 36 weeks), however if your mat pay will be better you might want to decide to start it earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->