Being upset about all my friends hacing babies but not me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the time, I acutally feel the opposite. Looking at other people I know's babies gets me excited and I love to follow them in their journey. I do get jealous sometimes, but I realize more how exciting it will be when it's my turn and how much more knowledge I'll have about the process than they did (especially from BnB). :hugs:

I know exactly how you feel honey! i feel like a am always scanning facebook and bebo looking to see if anyone is pregnant before me! I am not a bad person but it hurts so much when other people are getting pregnant and we are still trying. It is so hard to be happy for them. Hopefully it will be us soon!! x

I have to confess to the green-eyed monster too. Most of the couples I know now have kids and one of the few I don't I think are trying or will be shortly. Don't get me wrong, I know I only have 2 months until TTC but obviously that doesn't mean 2 months until I'm pregnant (I worry it'll be even harder once we're trying as I'll feel like I'm failing to get pregnant when others have done it).

I realise that these feels are silly, natural and that ultimately they will pass. I realise that once I'm pregnant or have a child of my own, I won't be looking back thinking "gee, if only all these other people hadn't done it first".

I was the same with wedding a few years back. So many people were getting engaged and married and I wanted it so desperately. But of course, now we're married, it doesn't seem to matter that I had to wait longer than eveyone else (or it seemed that way).

Big hugs to you all.

K x

I'm 28 so I'm among the last of the girlies from high school to have kids. And yes, Facebook is the Devil, I sometimes think. There are constantly new updates featuring someone getting pregnant. I guess the thing that gets to me is that many of them are single, or have been with their SO's for just a couple of months, or they're on social assistance...we've been together for over four years and both have steady jobs and all that. Not that I think I deserve it more than anyone else because of that, it just makes it harder to wait because I think, "Hey, they're in a way more difficult situation than me, and they're having a baby - if they can do it I can do it!" Not necessarily logical, but that's how it goes.

I feel so mean at the moment - I have had to hide one of our really good friends from my facebook feed - just because all of her status updates are pregnancy related!!!

I get so jealous and silly when I see things like that.....but I am absolutely fine when I see her in person :wacko:

Yep I know how you feel Kassy, I hate logging onto facebook or whatever and seeing yet another person announcing their pregnancy or birth.

oh man! thats totally my problem, except its myspace!

I think only one of my friends doesn't have a child or isn't expecting. Well two friends tbh but one is lesbian and doesn't want kids right now if ever.

I am so jealous that they are pregnant (not all of my friends but most are having a child conceived on a drunken night, and have openly said they weren't ready)and unstable while I am stable and in a loving relationship and ready and have to wait. It eats me up inside!!!

I feel so bad right now, i've just found out that another one of my friends is pregnant, it seems it's only me and one other friend that aren't having any yet.
The thing is i want a bubs so bad that seeing my friends being pregnant makes me cry so much, does anyone else feel this way?

It doesn't help that i now have to wait two years to even TTC, my boyfriend has spoken :/

I know how you feel a friend of mine just announced her pregnacy and all i have done since is eath mope around or cry!! Her oh text to announce it and i haven't text her back!! How horrible am I!!! :cry: I just don't know what to say. They have just (2 weeks ago) got engaged with 'no plans for an immediate wedding' their words then a baby on the way!! I just feel like i am waiting for everything Wedding and Bump and they have got it all in one go!!!
You girls on here have been great though and have given some great advice!!
Here if you want a chat!! :flower:

Yup, i'm in exact same situation. Life sucks sometimes :(

Blahhhh I can relate in a way. I have a baby but all my friends are getting married and I'm not :( lol.

My friend just bought a house and all my friends with kids live w/ their OHs on their own, in fact most of my friends in "serious relationships" do.. and I live at home w/ my parents still!

Plus I want another baby.. I am getting nothing my way and it sucks balls!! :hissy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"