Belly piercing

thats good, im glad i had mine young too, i want my kids to feel like they can tell me anything, like they would to a friend.

im strict on lies, i cant stand them, even little white ones, manners and table manners, i drum these in to them everyday so they are poliet and well mannered if we go out places. Charlie took some body glitter from the chemist once when i wasnt looking, she was only about 5, i marcherd her back the the chemist and made her tell the lady what she had done and give it back, scared the life out of her but she has never done it again lol

x

Thanks girls, I really appreciate your honesty. I've actually just read all of your replies out to Kayleigh and asked her what she thinks now that she's heard all the opinions. She still wants it done.:hissy:

I know I could put my foot down and say no, but, like some of you have said, she'll only go and get it done herself in a less reputable place.

So I'm taking her next week to where I go as I know they are really good.

Thanks again for all of your replies. I'll let you know how we get on.

Ewwwwww I am dreading scenarios like this.....poor you :hugs:

I personally had to think about this one as there is the fact that a lot of her friends have it done, and the fact you told her 14yrs old before, and just the fact she obviously wants to grow up and be like her friends and not feel left out etc etc...

BUT I think 14 is just a bit too young for my liking, I think I would tell Jade that she can gladly have it done, but she would have to be 16...I know it is only 2 years, but at this age she will be moving onto college or work and really starting to find her own feet and grow up, so of she wants it done then, I would have no problem with it.

It is a difficult one, as I have been there. I always wanted my ears pierced, my Mum had no problem with it, but my Dad put his foot down and wouldn't let me have them done til I was 16!!!!!!!! And that was only my ears....I would have no problem if Jade asked me for her ears pierced tomorrow, but the belly is a different kettle of fish! x

i have 3 teenage daughters,the to oldest both got their belly buttons done at 14. they look after them and apart from the first couple of weeks they don't have their belly's showing all the time.
however my youngest daughter got her tounge done when she was 14 and the problems we have had with her school is unbelievable.
i'd say let her have it done as u have promised, but check she is allowed it at school first. and set another age limit for the next piercing she wants.
good luck.

I had mine done at 14... but my midrif was never actually on show as i was at school or it was bloody cold! I just loved it. Was always into tattoos and piercings though. If she has been responsible with others i don't see the harm and in a couple of weeks she will forget it is there.

I had mine done at 13, my Mum said if I could find someone as young as me with it done then I can have it done. Well we had a girl come from another School who had it done who I became friends with :).

My sister had hers done at 15 because she'd never really been bothered about it too much but did want it done. I don't think she's too young and if you said she can have it done at 14 she will want it done now lol, and it's better then her going having it done without you saying yes ;).

hiya, i dont think there is anything wrong with it being done at her age i had mine done at 13/14 and it didnt effect my life in anyway to be honest i never used to wear short tops anyway but loved having it and still do now, i also dont think its really seen as sexual at all even if she does wear shorter tops , most young girls have it done now i think any younger than 13 is too young tho but its a teenager thing , do u think she might just go and get it done if u say no anyway :wacko: xxxx

i have no problem with getting it done, i personaly would wait untill Charlie is 16, thats if she wants it. but then every childs mental age is differernt so it depends on the child.

My nan (i was rasied by her) lived in the stone age and never let me do anything or go anywhere so i rebeled alot so i could feel normal and do what all my mates were doing at my age, i moved out when i was 16 coz i just had enough of living under her strict and old fashioned rules. thats why im laid back with mine i think, i dont want to lose them the way my nan lost me.

xx

I also moved out when i was 16 cos i felt like my parents wouldnt give me any independance of my own at all , i moved straight in with my partner who im still with now though but it was the best thing i ever done tho, i carryed on at college tho and now have a great job xxxx

i say let her have it done if you dont she might just do it anyway, she can alway take it out

I'd feel it was too young but then my parents and the parents of my closest friends were very strict so we we used to having to wait. We were allowed our belly buttons done at 16.

I got my nose done at 15 and was suspended from school because they don't allow it and I didn't want to take it out so it would heal up. Unfortunatly I had to in the end. Is her school ok with it or is she just not able to wear it to school? My school was also very strict about that sort of thing.

I still have my belly button done and I also have 4 tattoos but I know I would still be strict and not allow it till at least 16. I'm sure I'll be unpopular though.

i hadnt really thought that much bout this as gracie is only 2 and half so a long way to go yet!! but my son had his ear done at 8 ( he kept losing the earrings so its closed up now tho!) i dont really have a problem with it tho, i think i would let her do it as you have already said she could, and its not as tho it is on show all the time(i wouldn let them have eyebrows/tongue/nose done for this reason and as most schools wouldnt allow it, but a belly is covered up most of the time anyhow.) i think as long as she looks after it, it will be fine, keep an eye on it yourself tho to make sure its clean and looks healthy. good luck :)

i say let her have it done if you dont she might just do it anyway, she can alway take it out

omg old thread!!! an she did get it done, as she said in her last reply :)

I had mine done around that age. My mom paid for it and everything, she wanted me to get it done. You're not allowed piercings over here, even with parent permission until 16; but my stepdad knew a guy who did them and was a friend of his. He even did it for only 10$, with us buying the ring!!
My mother has her tongue and nipples pierced. She also has like... 13 tattoos (most in concealable places though, so she doesn't look strange or anything.. :wacko:).
She also let me get my tongue done at 16, and she paid for all of that. However, I took it out when I was 17, as I just didn't care too much for it anymore. Cool when I got it, but got bored with it.
With my own child, if I had a girl, I wouldn't let her until she was at least 16. I wouldn't want her to grow up to fast :cry: hehe..

My niece had hers done for her 12th birthday, - IMO that's too young. I think about 14ish is fine though, I think people at 14 are more mature than they are credited for. When you're about 14, I think that's when you start to find yourself, - not a great deal of me personally has changed since being 14, beliefs, desires, likes and dislikes, ethics etc, - I've just become more sure of alot of them.

i think its fine if she is old enough to understand about looking after it then why not?
ill send you photos of my belly piercing scars if you like to show her what can happen after a few years and a baby if you want to put her off tho. (i did have 7 of them...)

I'd let her, as long as she isn't going to be walking around in a sportsbra to show it off.

It's only a piercing, and really, it's considered quite tame nowadays. Be happy she doesn't want her bridge pierced or her septum.

In my opinion it's too young. And i'm wondering why she wants it done, as nobody will see it unless she wears short tops or bikinis. mind you, it's your own decision.

I suppose you should ask all the non-nudists who have nipple piercings why they bother having them... along with the people who have genital piercings. Piercings CAN just be solely for the person who has them.

Same with tattoos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"