bending over instead of squatting

daisybby03

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
I am finding it so hard to remember to squat instead of bend over. I usually remember while I am mid bent over that I should not have done that,! Anybody else feel that way or having trouble remembering?!

Oh Lord i didn;t know about that one!!! though i did bend over the other night & i said to my OH ooh that feels weird now, like everything sort of falls forward. Thanks for the tip though, another one to add to my 'not to do' list ha ha. :happydance:

Im doing the exact same as u...mid bent over I remember that I should have squatted! Its so hard to remember this never ending list of things!!

i didnt know that iv still been bending over but it feels strange haha! i will try and remeber from now on! x

Oh I'm constantly bending over rather than squatting! I did squat once the other day and I got one of my first proper real kicks from the LO - don't think they appreciated it :lol:

Just been thinking of this some more & now i'm confused. My pregnancy book has a section on erm.. 'adult cuddles' (not that i'm into that at the moment!!) and they advise 'doing it' rear entry :blush: so surely that involves some bending over??!! I do wonder how these cave women ever gave birth successfully with all the advice we get these days

I always thought the bending thing was just about comfort more than anything... if you only bend over for a second you're not going to do any harm are you? Eventually we'll be so big that it just won't be physically possible anyway!
As for the "adult cuddles", if you're on hands and knees then you're not actually bending at your midriff, your belly stays flat and not squashed up if you know what I mean... not that I would know anything about rear entry adult cuddles of course! :angelnot:

I was just wondering how I am gonna tip my head upside down to dry my hair cos bending is becoming difficult now, also having a problem putting my pop socks on now LOL

I was just wondering how I am gonna tip my head upside down to dry my hair cos bending is becoming difficult now, also having a problem putting my pop socks on now LOL

I'm already finding it a bit uncomfortable to tie my shoelaces... I think I'll be moving to slip on shoes asap!

As for the "adult cuddles", if you're on hands and knees then you're not actually bending at your midriff, your belly stays flat and not squashed up if you know what I mean... not that I would know anything about rear entry adult cuddles of course! :angelnot:[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, this is true I suppose!! can you tell I'm so not in the mood for 'adult cuddles' at the minute, i didn;t even think the position thru in my head :rofl:

I was told if you bent over you could cause the umbilical cord to wrap around the baby's head..is that true or not? I am so lost :)

I was told if you bent over you could cause the umbilical cord to wrap around the baby's head..is that true or not? I am so lost :)

It's an old wives tale. They tell you not to do it because of the strain it can put on your back.

Tbh, if I was to squat I wouldn't be able to get back up - I struggle to get up from the floor now lol.

wait till you bigger i can not do any :( i get stuck :( If i try to get up from squating 90% of the time one of my legs almost gives way and bending over hurts way to much

Oh dear i always bend over i never squat. I didn't think it would make a difference i thought the only reason you didnt bend was because you couldnt physically do it

i didn't know this either! really better try and remember to squat now! its amazing how often you bend over in a day really!!!

I didn't realise we weren't meant to bend over either. Though i'm finding it uncomfortable to bend now and i struggled with my pop socks this morning too. I found sitting on the stairs helped me get them on though!

I found this advice

Strategies for lifting and bending

You are more prone to back strain during pregnancy and after delivery, because the pregnancy hormones have softened your ligaments and joints.

To reach or lift low objects, spread your feet apart with one foot ahead of the other and bend your knees.
Bring the object close to you as you straighten your knees and lift. This allows you to use your thigh muscles for lifting rather than straining your back muscles.
When moving an object, push it instead of pulling it. Use your legs, not your back and arms.
Never bend at the waist with your knees straight, even if it is only a slight bend. Instead, alter your position so that you are sitting, squatting, kneeling or bending at the knees while leaning forward at the hips.
When getting in and out of bed or a car, turn your hips, pelvis and back in the same direction while maintaining a straight back. When getting out of bed, first roll to your side and then use your arms to push from the bed.

here: https://www.babies.sutterhealth.org/during/preg_posture.html#Strategies for lifting and bending - it doesn't hurt the baby, it's more to do with you hurting your back. I do it all the time though but am finding it trickier now. Squatting doesn't help as I get stuck! I might have to invest in one of those grabber devices for the elderly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->