Benefit changes....

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
After hearing what the conservatives plan to do,I think part of it can only be a good thing...those people who choose to stay unemployed should be in the same boat as people who work-no extra help for those who do everything they can not to get work and then chose to have huge families.x

I really hope it does change.... ATM those who are on benefits, even if they want a job won't apply for one as it means getting a paycut :doh:

The bit I agree with is that say someone is on JSA,not doing anything to find a job,already have 4 kids then make the choice to have 2 more,there will be no extra help for them.x

I completely agree with the aim of ending britains " something for nothing culture." The whole attitude of that is so wrong. Nothing in life is free, or shouldn't be. We should get back what we put in rather than getting more and more for nothing.

Absolutely agree with the capping on child support benefits for those who CHOOSE to have children but whom cannot financially support them whilst jobless.

It's about time this was addressed properly. As sad as it is, it is just to easy to manipulate the benefits system and turn it into a farce. It should be there for those in genuine need, not those who use it continuously with no intention of better ing themselves or their lifestyle through unemployment and having more children.

The means testing bus passes is also a good idea. Although I don't know how many well off pensioners there are so no idea how much that would save.

We'll see what happens with these cuts. The whole benefits system needs a massive over haul, there are just too many people who see that as their income and have no problem with taking more and more.

Same with the winter fuel allowance,it's currently to ALL oap's...should be means tested...x

Same with the winter fuel allowance,it's currently to ALL oap's...should be means tested...x

A start would be not giving it to people in full-time nursing/residential care who don't pay fuel bills.

People like Paul McCartney,Elton John,Maggie Thatcher...all get the winter fuel payment.

xx

Something needs to be done, I know so any people who play the system, not doing anything illegal, but the system is just so back ward, it doesn't make sense to make people not working better off than those who are. Plus my husband works a lot of hours and we are worse off than people who get child benefit and working tax credits etc, I really wish he would quit, go part time and be on better money.

When I used to work for a bank I was amazed at how much money some OAP's had, they were the one's that used to complain how skint they were forgetting I could see just how much they had in savings and investments, granted this is not the same for all OAP's I have seen the one's who are properly skint and can hardly afford to feed themselves so in my eyes this needs to be balanced out. I also think its a good idea to means test the winter fuel payment, my dad lives in Canada and will still be eligable to get it, there is NO opt out system for it :shrug:. I think a review of the benefit system as a whole is a good idea, I too know several people wo take the p***! I'm in the process of looking for a new job (my work have stopped our commission so my wages have dropped a hell of a lot) to fit around dh work as we can't afford (and I don't really want to TBH) to put Laeyla in nursery and I'm quite surprised at the amount of evening/weekend work in my area, granted there not glamorous job's but the wages are not too bad - I know this is not the same for all area's. I guess my point is there is work out there (once again I know its not the same all over the country)for people who are WILLING to work, I know some people CAN'T work or are looking for work and IMO are the one's who deserve the benefits.

I'm all for it, surely there needs to be a deterrant.

Like the papers said,working families have to have,say,only have 2 kids because they can't afford anymore...seems those who fiddle the system are going to have to start thinking the same :) x

about time
Hope they really do change this
xxx

My husband and I were saying he we can't afford more, oh wants more, I don't really but sad to think I won't have more, anyway, I low a few people who are pregnant or planning more and talk about how much extra they get for another, and I think, how unfair, especially as its us who pay for these people to have more.

I know a family, neither work and oh is planning to do his third degree in January, so has no intention or working before that, and his new degree will be in occupational therapy which is what his wife has one in and can't find a job, he was bragging how much they get for him to do that course, i would love to be able to go to uni or work, but can't as we get no help for child care etc.

We need to have a benfits system but not one which makes it better for people to work or work only part time.

I honestly think its all talk...they take so long to act upon it that it changes again...

I honestly think its all talk...they take so long to act upon it that it changes again...

Very true, I said that to my mum this morning, they make big announcements like this so we feel like things will get fairer then they seek in things like like huge discounts of council hosing, which is obviously going to upset people like me who struggled to get a disposit together to buy a house.

Ive always thought they should cap CTC/CB etc after 2 children.

It shouldnt pay to have more kid

What?! The government will pay for people on benefits to do uni courses?

Cx

What?! The government will pay for people on benefits to do uni courses?

Cx

Well its occupational therapy, so I think in Wales at least you get a bursery, an because neither of them work he seems to think they will get loads in different benefits, child are etc.

I think though in Wales you can still get your fees paid if your on benefits, notn100% sure though. Scotland you still do.

If it's a NHS course you get fees paid no matter your earnings

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->