Benefits ARE my wages!

Talking of voluntary positions, that reminds me.. I applied for a voluntary position in a care home when my lil one started school part time, and even tho they are always shouting about how desperate they are for volunteers, they didn't even get back to me! A simple 'thanks, but you're not what we want' or what ever would have been nice! *rant over* :haha:

I think theyre pretty strict these days about volunteers around vunerable people (elderly, children, mentally ill etc etc). I know you need a disclosure done for the NHS these days.

I needed a CRB check done before volunteering in the local primary school

I worked in a school and they did a CRB but i didnt get a copy... can i request one so i can add it to my CV??

I think you need to have a new one done at every job you get purpledahlia. I know when i was working in childcare i did

People like her make me so mad!!!!
My poor hubby works damn hard in the army being sent to afghan 6 months of the year and i cant claim a penny for our children.
I understand that she works hard we all know how hard it is looking after children but couldnt she get a part time job while her children are at school? maybe?

Purpledihalia no you can't hun. You have to have a new CRB every new place you go to and tehy will ask to see it.
xx

a CRB is technically classed as 'out of date' the moment it is printed, which is why as aidans mummy said you have to get a new one for every job you every get where one is needed :( seems a silly system if you ask me since they take so long and aren't exactly 'cheap' and I have heard about alot of people having things show up on theirs that is nothing to do with them while others who should have things show up have nothing show up.

I agree I think the CRB should have a valid period for any place for lets say 3 years and then need renewing.
xx

I agree I think the CRB should have a valid period for any place for lets say 3 years and then need renewing.
xx

Thats a tricky one really.. obviously it would be better for people like us, you know good people, but when it comes to dodgy people, 3 years is a long time to go without a check, any number of offences can be comitted in that space and no one would know about it coz of a 3 year old check! You can never be too careful with things like that really, especially when children are envolved!

Good point then maybe everytime you get arrested they could be a system where it automatically goes on your CRB and goes straight to your current employer if deemed to be a threat to vunrable peopel
xx

Good point then maybe everytime you get arrested they could be a system where it automatically goes on your CRB and goes straight to your current employer if deemed to be a threat to vunrable peopel
xx

see this would make so much more sense! I have said this for years!

xx

Now that would make a lot more sence!! Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to put into action either!

it takes them approx 12 weeks to process the forms the current way, can you imagine how long it would take if they changed the system lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->