Benefits ARE my wages!

My mum didn't work, and if I hadn't have met Rich and his family and seen how they are I would probably never have had Caitlyn and ended up in the same rutt my mum was in.

Richs dad worked his whole life in rubbish jobs just to make do, when her youngest was in school his mum started working in a school, by the time the youngest was in high school she had been to university and was a qualified teacher, with one of the best grades you can get. They're all so proud of their mum and I want Caitlyn to be that proud of me!

My Mum didn't work until ALL of me and my sisters were in school, which means me and my ''middle'' sister had Mum at home through most of our childhood. Before having Jake I had a very good steady job working in the NHS and my sister is currently at university and will be going into the media industry. I dont really think you can judge or label families and children like that. If the child wants to succeed then they'll do so. Aslong as you bring them up properly.

Having a baby is not a career option

Agreed although some ladies do not count on not having an income when their realtionship suddenly breaks down. What I don't agree with is getting pregnant on purpose when you know you cannot support a child your self etc. Sometimes babies arnt planned and thats fine but to plan a baby when you know you or your partner wont be bringing any money in is wrong IMO.

A child under the age of 5 doesnt care if its parents work full time, part time or not at all? They want love and guidance and time from their parents.

No they don't but if there are two parents in the realtionship at least one should work or train etc as there is no excuse for them both to be at home.

I will be lucky enough to stay a home with Leni until he starts school (while not claiming benefits), and my partner will work full time - so does that mean that Leni won't be proud of me? Not self sufficient? Wanting to sit on his arse?

No hun because your OH will be bringing an income in which will show Leni that daddy has to work for what you all have. SAHM mums that are single will show their children work ethic when they start school etc (hopefully)

Like i have said before if your single and you're children are at school then you really shoudl go to work but if you have a partner who can support the family on just his in come one the children are at school age then thats fine too
xx

Please nooooooo arguing today, i dont have the energy for it from the last 2 days, be nice to eachother or im going to beat you with a stick :muaha:

There will be no end to this thread unless it is closed as people on here will always disagree with each other. There is no right or wrong way, we all have individual circumstances and reasons for why things have worked out the way they do.
Like I said before you cant read a full picture of someones life from a single posting on an internet forum, neither party can judge, so debate really needs putting to bed now, sorry but its a tad boring now :D

I don't think it needs to be closed, seems to be running out of steam on its own now :)

I wasn't slamming SAHM's at all. If that is how my post was taken, then I really do apologise. I also wasn't having a go at women who are on benefits whilst their children are small. What I object to is women being on benefits once their children are at school, when they are more than capable of working and simply choose to be at home.

My mum was a SAHM until I was 15. My dad went out to work. Our household was very traditional in that sense. I think it is a wonderful thing if you are in a position financially to be a SAHM. I would love to have done it, really I would. I felt very sad to have to leave my precious girl with a nanny part time so I could continue running my business. However, needs must. If I had been with a partner whose financial situation allowed me not to work I would have enjoyed every second spent with my girl.

So, to clarify...!

No issue with SAHM's. No issue with working mums. No issue with mums of pre-school children on benefits. At all. Just people like the one in the article, taking the p¡ss out of the system and abusing it.

PS - Thanks Blah for getting the jist of what I was saying!

I wasn't slamming SAHM's at all. If that is how my post was taken, then I really do apologise. I also wasn't having a go at women who are on benefits whilst their children are small. What I object to is women being on benefits once their children are at school, when they are more than capable of working and simply choose to be at home.

My mum was a SAHM until I was 15. My dad went out to work. Our household was very traditional in that sense. I think it is a wonderful thing if you are in a position financially to be a SAHM. I would love to have done it, really I would. I felt very sad to have to leave my precious girl with a nanny part time so I could continue running my business. However, needs must. If I had been with a partner whose financial situation allowed me not to work I would have enjoyed every second spent with my girl.

So, to clarify...!

No issue with SAHM's. No issue with working mums. No issue with mums of pre-school children on benefits. At all. Just people like the one in the article, taking the p¡ss out of the system and abusing it.

PS - Thanks Blah for getting the jist of what I was saying!

Thanks for clarifying what you meant, I just read from your other post and I thought this is what you meant but I'm glad to see you say so.

The issue keeps getting confused between this woman, whose youngest child is 7 and at school all day and mothers of much younger children who are not at school at all and I think that's why some statements are taken so personally.

I actually think you can have a good work ethic and still take time to be a SAHM but I doubt the woman in the article is one of those women, she doesn't seem to care at all.

oh wow - cant believe this thread is still going! And Coridally as well! Well done girls! lol. I gave up back around page 20! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->