Benefits ARE my wages!

'erm yeah, i have a job starting is 12 months working with children ..... am i too late to start applying for a CRB!' ugh

That'll be too costly to do it that way. I think the system is fine as it is. They should be done in 4 weeks really, and most people have to give 4 weeks notice to their old job anyway don't they? We had a bit of an issue here at work where we employed a temp member of staff and he started without a disclosure (he wasnt allowed near any patient alone until it was through) and when it came through he had some dodgy stuff on there about his last job at a carehome although he was never prosecuted for lack of evidence (im sure u can see where this is going) so his contract was immediately terminated. Imagine if there was no checks on him or they were renewed every few years? He'd go totally unnoticed.

Even my mum had to be CRB checked as my sisters old primary school said that any "mummy helpers" on trips needed to be checked - she passed obv, and they check the parents every school year if they still want to be "mummy helpers" for that year. Its quite good, a few primary schools round here signed up to it - not sure who funded it though :shrug:

The CRB system definately needs to be revised. Maybe they could have a database with everyones background on that they could just check? Would save us all £45 and the long wait! The firts nursery i ever worked in never asked me for a CRB check - i could have been anyone :dohh: x

The CRB system is changing to the Vetting and Barring Scheme (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vetting_and_Barring_Scheme) where you register with a central DB and employers can check on you.

They are in the process of changing the Disclosure in Scotland. You will be put on to a central database (at a cost of £60!) and then for each new check of the database, it will be £18.

The CRB system is changing to the Vetting and Barring Scheme (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vetting_and_Barring_Scheme) where you register with a central DB and employers can check on you.

Posted at the same time!

Aw please don't close this thread! It's taken me the last two days to finally read it all! Thats an achievment!! And although I don't agree with alot of the comments, I have to say it's taken my mind off some of the crap in my life right now! :haha: It makes for fab reading :thumbup:

its addicting isnt it? ive been quite annoyed with this thread at times but at the same time really enjoyed it :haha:

Ah the new checks seem like it will be better! theyre so dam expensive tho! ggrr

Eek, sorry to jump on just as this is dying down, but I have read the story of this woman before and she made my blood boil.

The benefits system is there to protect the sick and the needy, not lazy ass women popping babies out feeling like the world owes them a favour.

Yes, fair enough - if you are a single mum with a child pre-school age, I understand it would be easy to get stuck in a rut and unable to get off benefits. And I sympathise. My sister was on benefits when her ex left her, and she remained on them until her youngest started school. However - when your children are at school and you have the entire day free, you bet your ass you should go and get a job. Whether you end up 50 quid a week better off, or a fiver a week better off, or you break even. I don't care if you have to scrub toilets, clean windows, sell Avon, stuff envelopes, walk dogs. There are always jobs and there is always money to be made.

I had 2 weeks off before Holly was born and 3 weeks after, and have been working ever since. I could have easily gone on benefits and enjoyed my time with my daughter, but because I want her to grow up with an independent, self sufficient, proud mummy, I choose to work. Bloody hard. And because of that, I earn good money. Not because I am lucky. Just because I work.

Oh, and as for slamming mums who use nurseries - how dare you? Those mums who are out working are the people whose taxes keep the benefits system afloat. Those children who have hard working parents are the ones who will grow up with a decent work ethic and a desire to do something with their lives, instead of sitting with their hands out waiting for the government (and the rest of the populus) to take care of them.

Having a baby is not a career option.

Eek, sorry to jump on just as this is dying down, but I have read the story of this woman before and she made my blood boil.

The benefits system is there to protect the sick and the needy, not lazy ass women popping babies out feeling like the world owes them a favour.

Yes, fair enough - if you are a single mum with a child pre-school age, I understand it would be easy to get stuck in a rut and unable to get off benefits. And I sympathise. My sister was on benefits when her ex left her, and she remained on them until her youngest started school. However - when your children are at school and you have the entire day free, you bet your ass you should go and get a job. Whether you end up 50 quid a week better off, or a fiver a week better off, or you break even. I don't care if you have to scrub toilets, clean windows, sell Avon, stuff envelopes, walk dogs. There are always jobs and there is always money to be made.

I had 2 weeks off before Holly was born and 3 weeks after, and have been working ever since. I could have easily gone on benefits and enjoyed my time with my daughter, but because I want her to grow up with an independent, self sufficient, proud mummy, I choose to work. Bloody hard. And because of that, I earn good money. Not because I am lucky. Just because I work.

Oh, and as for slamming mums who use nurseries - how dare you? Those mums who are out working are the people whose taxes keep the benefits system afloat.

i don't think anyone done this? And if offense was taken i'm sure it was not intended.

however you say 'Those children who have hard working parents are the ones who will grow up with a decent work ethic and a desire to do something with their lives, instead of sitting with their hands out waiting for the government (and the rest of the populus) to take care of them.' - So children whose parent/parents don't work will have no work ethic and expect everything handed to them? Thats unfair. My mum hasnt worked from the age of 37 (she is now 61) for her own reasons. she has however always drummed it into me to be ambitious and work hard to gain a career. i don't expect handouts. and if I for whatever reason at some point cant work and end up on benefits, my little boy will still have the same work ethic drummed into him as was into me.

My neighbours son is 22 and has wealthy (well not poor iykwim) hard working parents - he hasnt worked a day in his life however and doesnt intend to. Just an example that not everything is so black and white as hard working parent = hard working offspring. That depends on the individual parent and how she/he chooses to raise their child.

:flower:

A child under the age of 5 doesnt care if its parents work full time, part time or not at all? They want love and guidance and time from their parents.

Andbabymakes3: nobody slammed nurseries.

I will be lucky enough to stay a home with Leni until he starts school (while not claiming benefits), and my partner will work full time - so does that mean that Leni won't be proud of me? Not self sufficient? Wanting to sit on his arse?

Looks like you slammed SAHM's actually.

Those children who have hard working parents are the ones who will grow up with a decent work ethic and a desire to do something with their lives, instead of sitting with their hands out waiting for the government (and the rest of the populus) to take care of them.

How rude! I'm planning on staying at home with my son until he's in school, is that setting a bad example then? (Oh and I receive NO benefits.)

I think you're all reading it wrong, I think she meant when they're of school age? Not that I agree, if I want to be a SAHM she will still see how hard her daddy works :)

I think thats completely out of order tbh!, My edlest is 11, my youngest is 6, as already discussed I was a SAHM until they were all in school, and will be again this time round, yet my all my children already willingly 'work' for any money they get? I cant imagine how this came about sinceI've obviously taught them just to sit on their arses with their hands out, strange!

If a child grows up (im talking from school age when theyll notice) with no parent working they're gonna think its okay not to get out and work and just rely on benefits, it'll be the norm for them. Yes you get the exception to the rule but in general you follow a pattern that your parents set. I know what andbabymakes3 means, she just didn't word it very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->