Benefits help

emma.c89

Reaction score
Hi All :flower:

I have a friend who Lives in England with her husband and son, she works part time and doesnt recieve benefits as her husband also works.

She is unhappy where she is, she wants a divorce and wants to come to Wales too her family, she wants too rent and stay at home with her son until he is a little older.

Does anybody know how it will work coming out of part time work, will she be penalised by the benefits system or will she be ok as now she will be a Lone parent? and what is she entitled too??

I'm a lone parent and recieve housing benefit/ council tax/ income support/ child benefit and child tax credits, Im sure it would be the same for her?

I don't have any experience of this but I think the citizens advice bureau will be the best place for her. She could look at directgov.uk but face to face is always better. Most towns will have a CAB, but she'll need to book an appointment

She wouldn't be penalised in terms of hb and Ctb but if she were to claim jsa after giving up work she could be sancationed. But they may not as relocating

I am a hb/Ctb assessor

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->