Best benefit calculator?

Wishing_well

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows which benefits calculator is the most accurate?

I've tried:
Entitled to
HMRC
Direct.gov

and they all give me completely different estimates ranging from £0 to £2500?!
I'm trying to work out what my OH and I would be entitled to once we move in/have the baby, but I have no idea which ones to trust. Some say that because he earns over 20k we'll get nothing, and then others say we'll get full housing benefit and council tax?! :dohh:
The only bit I trust is the child benefit and child tax credits.....

HELP!

Have you tried calling your benefit office ? They will go through the figures with you over the phone and should be able to give you an idea what you are entitled to.

I might pop into the job centre on friday, but they are so useless its probably not worth it. I wish I could just fill out all the forms regardless and see what I could get.

Call them before you go down as a lot of the offices are appointments only.

I've been having the same problem. Nowhere will be able to help you unless you know exactly what your rent will be a month. And you'll need to take with you your OH's wage slips and whatnot.

We went down to the Job Centre and our local housing offices. So I would suggest getting all of your figures together, and all of the documents and then go down and find out. Also they told me to use our local government website and use the benefit calculator on there.

Hope you figure something out soon! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->