Best Center parc?

Pearls18

Reaction score
I am looking to book a Center Parcs holiday for my family (6 adults 2 children under 5) for August next year (I know, summer holidays, ouch) anyone know which is the best?

Any hints or tips for booking...?!

I can't help too much as never been but coincidentally me oh and his mate were looking at booking booking a holiday together yesterday and had a look at centre parts too. For 4 adults and 4 children we were looking at over £2000 in Aug. So we are holding out out till Dec/Jan when the sales start.
I think we were recommended longeat. Woburn has just opened and it looks lovely but it is literally just down the road from us so we won't go there! The whole idea of "oh no we have forgotten.. x" "OK no worries I'll head home and get it" kinda puts me off lol

Haha I know what you mean, we're looking into Bluestone too in Wales but that's close to our home town and feel the same. Woburn looks lovely I wondered why it was more expensive, I guess as it's new! The cheapest I found was £2000 too, it's just hard as we can't be very selective about dates, if we want to book in advance August is pretty much the only time it is as close to guaranteed as we can get that DH will have time off, even then we're taking a risk.

I have been to Sherwood & Whinfell.

Both were fine. If I had to pick, probably Sherwood was slightly better in terms of layout/hills.

If you are going to hire bikes, get the Flying Start Package. It's about £10 more than hire alone but you get:
2 x Adult Bike
1 hour early check in
Sherwood had a dedicated queue
Groceries in the lodge for arrival - milk, tea, coffee, wine, lemonade, butter and a few other bits & pieces.

For food shopping, the supermarket is quite pricey but if you go about 5pm, they start reducing prices of the meat so we picked up bacon/chicken/mince quite cheap.

When we go, we will eat out once a day then cook for the other two meals to keep the price down as the restaurants are expensive.

ETA: Incidently, the CenterParcs in the Netherlands was cheaper to go to the one in the UK, in a VIP lodge in the Summer Holidays (including cost for ferry)! Might be worth thinking about.

We looked at May half term this year and it was £900 for a comfort lodge in Whinfell Monday - Fri. It was €600 for a week in a VIP lodge (fresh breakfast rolls delivered every morning, most activities free) plus £200 for ferry.

I've been to elveden forest and Nottingham and elvaden was much nicer because it's newer xx

I do like the sherwood forest one.. Though its half an hour from my home!!

We plan on going next year. For a long weekend we've been priced £400, and thats in the easter holidays! x

Longleat is hilly, elveden is flat so better for kids x

Enjoy !

We went to longleat in may - was lush but some very steep hills!

I'm currently at Whinfell Forest and we all love it. Although it's only day 2 and there's already been a trip to A&E and stitches. (Not my clumsy toddler. But my adult brother. The men all decided to go paintballing. It didn't end well.)

Off to the Spa tomorrow and will hopefully find some time to visit the pool in the afternoon. (Not my poor brother though, who is not allowed to swim due to the stiches)

We went to the one in Cumbria and it was lovely

Honestly though we did find it expensive for what you get. I think it was £600 for 4 nights and that only included the swimming pool

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->