Best cloth for a GIANT heavy wetter? Help please.

TigerLady

CaveTiger Clan Mama
Reaction score
I want to start looking for some more fluff -- I really love having him in cloth as much as possible.

My problem is 2 fold: he is an uber heavy wetter and he is huge. :dohh:

right now I have BG larges, BG OS, and Nana Bottoms Large (a WAHM). I really like all of them, but he will be outgrowing them soon. :dohh: Even the OS that is supposed to go up to 35 lbs. It fits when on the last snaps. :sigh: The ones with Aplix are nearly too small, too. He's only 5 months old FFS!! :hissy:

Anyway, I am open to trying something other than an AIO, too, if it is better for a big boy. But AIO or AI2 would be good.

They can be brand name or WAHM. :thumbup:

I really like the fleece in the Nana Bottoms, so that would be a bonus.

I am afraid I am going to have to teach myself to make CDs so I can keep him in them! :haha:

TIA! :flower:

anything with bamboo in would be my advice, sorry youre having such trouble finding a nappy, if u wanna give me ur mesaurements i'll try and make up a nappy for u if u want?

x

some brands do toddler sizes hun...not sure which but thats an option ....have you tried Pop in's? they are great for heavy wetters..i wouldnt bother with the dream dry as its microfibre ans not as absorbent as the Bamboo...not too sure if anywhere ships to USA but i dont mind getting you one and shipping it if you cant find anywhere that willl ship for you :)...................
https://www.modernbaby.co.uk/products/index.asp?cid=4 you can get em cheaper but this is the 'official' one lol !

pop ins wouldnt be good for big baby would they, mine are nearly not fitting leyla now and shes only like 22lbs lol

x

I can see where I'm going to start to have the same problem with Emma and the so-called "OS diapers" too :dohh: She's on the second last snap on the waist band and the biggest rise setting on her one size pocket diapers and the largest setting on her motherease one sizes too. Anyway... have you tried a Bamboozle? I have a few on order since that was recommended to me by the lady who runs a local CD shop for overnight use since they are so absorbant. I know a lot of ladies here use them. I've been using the Motherease Sandys for nighttime use until now and they are great, but because Emma has outgrown the small size, I'm starting to replace them with a combination of the larger size Sandy and Bamboozles. Neither of those diapers is an AIO, they are fitted so you need a cover. The upside is that if you find a fit that works and can sew, then they are probably a little easier to sew than an AIO :shrug: I'm interested to see what others suggest for the "larger baby" too since my stash is definitely not going to be btp either!

I will look into the links and suggestions, thanks!

Ellie, what measurements do you need, what kind do you make, and how much? I tried to look at your link, but most of the pictures didn't work. :nope:

I'd be up to trying that, too! :flower:

i know, im waiting for paul to have a day off so he can fix it all, i dont know how to do it myself haha, im the crafty side, hes the technical side :lol:

would need waist size and rise, i usually do pockets but can do you a bamboo aio if you ask nicely hehe

x

:yipee:

Either is fine -- whatever you think will work best. :mrgreen:

Will PM with measurements this weekend. I am assuming they are done with no dipe on? And rise where to where, exactly? Sorry, newbie to these details. :blush:

I am worried too about sizing eventually as LO is growing like a weed LOL - I thought he would stay tiny for alot longer, but he has caught up/passed other babies that were full term!
Bun is definitely a heavy wetter (and poo-er :haha:) and I find that the only diapers we use overnight are bamboozles or kissaluvs. Both of these need a cover and we use the thirsties duo-wrap - the leg gussets on these REALLY do a good job on stopping leaks. The bamboozle with a hemp insert has never leaked for us. That said, don't normally leave him overnight for longer than 5-6h. LO wakes at least 1-2x a night and I don't like leaving him in a wet diaper for too long. I did accidentally leave him overnight when OH forgot to change him and he was still dry after almost 10h!!!
xx

I use my totsbots bamboo / blueberry bamboo for Caitlyn and get 5 - 6 hours out of them! I saw somewhere earlier that did 35lbs+ for their nappies...lemme just go see if I can find them again!

Ohh it was Minki pocket nappies. They do large which is 18 - 40lb and then X large which is 40lb + I have one of these that I use for night time and Caitlyn's big too [as you know :lol: ] and she's still in their medium size [dont know how!]

Good luck finding the perfect nappy for Otter! :hugs2:

Edit: here's a link with their general info https://www.babykind.co.uk/minkis.htm

They only seem to be in the UK [think I'm right in thinking they're a WAHM] though but if you ever needed any you know I'd ship them to you :flower:

Is 5-6 hours the max you can get out of a cd?

I would have liked to get more than that so I didn't have to get up half way through the night to change him. :dohh:

Have you tried BagShot Row Bamboo from hyena cart yet? They don't have fasteners, you use pins or a snappi (they are also fitteds so will require fleece pants, wool or cover) but they are really adjustable with being that way so hopefully would fit, you can buy extra lay ins/doublers if needed to make it as absorbent as you need and they are really trim.

Nope out of her minki blueberry I get 10 - 12 hours [overnight] so say 8pm - 8:30am etc :) I also get this out of her minki nappy with just two inserts. :thumbup:

I can, if I stuff my BG's more [overnight insert as well as a normal one], get 6 - 9 hours overnight :thumbup: this is with just microterry too so if I used a hemp / bamboo insert I'd probably get more :D

:yipee:

Either is fine -- whatever you think will work best. :mrgreen:

Will PM with measurements this weekend. I am assuming they are done with no dipe on? And rise where to where, exactly? Sorry, newbie to these details. :blush:

personally i think a pocket would be best as you can stuff it with as much as you need to last through the night and especially if you use bambo inserts wouldnt be as bulky as a bamboo fitted would potentially be, i find that fitted nappies are a lot less flexible aswell as there is so many layers need sewing through so its much harder to get the same stretch in it as a pocket nappy, i think if ur finding it difficult to find nappies to fit you need as much stretch as possible

yes measurements are without nappy on, rise is from where you want the nappy to sit, through the legs to where you want it to sit again, usually like belly button to few inches above bum crack at back

x

Is 5-6 hours the max you can get out of a cd?

I would have liked to get more than that so I didn't have to get up half way through the night to change him. :dohh:

we easily go 12 hours in ours but saying that i dont know if leyla is a heavy wetter or just average? i dont have anything to compare it too so i have no idea lol

ETA: my oh reckons she is a heavy wetter so i dont know lol :shrug:

x

Thanks Ladies!!

I appreciate all your expert advice. :thumbup:

He's been in cloth pretty since Thursday night (as I have had it off) and I really like it. Wish I could go to full time. :sigh:

Just a question - thought you weren't supposed to leave a diaper unchanged for too long?? Do you ladies leave the same diaper on all night??? I know my bamboozle would last all night (especially when stuffed!) but is it ok for babies skin?
xx

Daisy goes from around 7.30 (ish) till somewhere around 8 (ish) in her Pop In with either the nighttime booster or a Mothercare insert as a booster and a fleece liner (from ellie:) )and her bum is never sore at all:) her skin is getting a little dry but i think its cos i have the heating on loads at the moment so i'm just gonna start putting some EBM on her bum before and after bed every day and let it dry before she gets her nappy on :)

So far i'm finding these
https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/info_436.html
and
https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/info_11332.html

Really good for nights and heavy wetting :shrug:

i think so long as u change the nappies frequently, every 3 hours or so during the day then one night stretch is not a problem :D

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->