best cure for morning sickness?

Blizzy

Reaction score
Hey ladies, it's been a couple years since I have experienced morning sickness and I am curious what has worked for everyone? I have tried sea bands, eating saltines before getting out of bed, eating smaller meals and drinking lots of water. I am looking for any and all things that have helped anyone. Zofran, unisom and vitamin B6 with my last two pregnancies has not been successful so I am determined to find something this time around that will work for me. I haven't ever tried the preggie pops, only tried a few ginger items previously, tried hard candies, mints, gum, etc. TIA.

If you have been on medication for MS in the past, it is likely the home remedies aren't going to do much for you. You could try metoclopromide, phenergan, compazine...mirtazapine and gabapentin are showing excellent results in trials.

My experience with HG has been such that ginger, sea bands and crackers are bunk. I needed serious intervention.

I've found that taking zantac, and eating protein every 2 hours, made it just bearable, along with all the meds you mentioned. And that's more than I can say about my last unbearable experience with ms. Carbs and grease make me sicker.
Lady I keep wondering about you, any relief yet??

Hey Lanet -- I am still hanging out in first trimester lol. Almost halfway there. I have had some relief, but still pretty sick. I still throw up every day at least 2 x, but some days are worse....None are as bad as it was though. Still getting IV hydration. Still on a lot of medication to control it.

I haven't gained any weight yet...still way under my pre pregnancy weight.

I guess it is better, but still pretty miserable lol. I'm ready to be done!

Well hopefully in the next few weeks it will just disappear. Were you sick with your last pregnancy?

Nope. But I was on mirtazapine my entire pregnancy.

Phenergan. 25mg before bed. Before I was prescribed that I could NOT be around any cooking smells, and could only eat crisps and toast, and hardly drink a thing. It was HIDEOUS. I feel your pain ladies, get some meds and keep trying them til you find one that works. Good luck xx

How's the morning sickness now? Any improvements? A friend suggested some natural cure tips that can help with nausea up to some extent. I had bookmarked the link somewhere, I will post it here as soon as I find it. I also found peppermint tea to help some. Good Luck!

Started actually getting sick today (was just horrendous nausea until this morning), since I have been on Zofran in the past I was given a Rx for it, so I had it on hand once I couldn't stop vomiting this morning. It helped me survive a day at work with not much nausea (although I had a pt gagging so bad trying to take xrays I kept thinking it was going to make me throw up). I am only going to take it as needed but man this part of pregnancy is always so hard!

Oh dear! I hope you feel better soon. Although, if you were on medications before for morning sickness, not sure if home remedies would be of much help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->