best formula for BF baby

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
im not sure if this should be in here or in FF part, if its in wrong place feel free to move it

i was wondering which was considered to be the most breastmilk-like formula? does anyone know? i know aptamil says it is but is it actually?

thanks

x

Aptmil says it is but I think it's a marketing ploy. I think that all formulas are balanced and a good alternative but they are not like BM. I use Aptimil and it's like gold top milk compared to my BM. Smells tastes and looks completely different! I think if you are going to use it you need to just find one that suits your baby and that they like. Cows milk is designed for building bulk and muscle so it just cant mimic human milk in that way.
If it were me, I'd just get a few different cartons and try them . Then when you find one you both like, you can buy a tin. :D

thanks hun, i have a couple of those uht aptamil ones that i bought back in the day when my milk was being low, i never had to use them though so theyve been sat on top of my fridge, that was my main concern, i didnt want to buy a tin and for it to be wrong :dohh: my mam told me that back in the day the SMA gold used to be the one considered most like breast milk thats why i wasnt sure

x

i use heinz nurture. i chose it cos the tin says its to compliment BF if moving from it. katie likes it, she grabs the bottle off me now!!

i use heinz nurture. i chose it cos the tin says its to compliment BF if moving from it. katie likes it, she grabs the bottle off me now!!

The all pretty much say that or similar as it's illegal to promote formula feeding from birth. Thats the only way they can get round it.

Aptamil stinks like farts and brussel sprouts. I use Cow and Gate. It still stinks but not as bad.

Cow & gate. I've tried SMA and Aptimil too Cow & gate is best for us x

I used apmitil for Benn he didnt like anything else. Just try a few and see which one she likes the most.

We've used Aptimil when supplementing, based on the advice of my mum (a MW) and sister (who had trouble trying to BF both her boys)

i just used aptamil cos i had a few cartons in the house and figured id try it first rather than let it go to waste and if she didnt like it i could buy a new carton and see if she liked that one, she was alright with the aptamil so i guess were on that one lol

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->