• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Front Facing Out Carrier?

destiny.h

Reaction score
I know that this position is not recommended, but my little guy will seriously not have anything to do with being tummy to tummy in a carrier if he's awake-he pushes against me and cries until I get him out. I know this isn't the best position for baby wearing, but it looks like the Beco Gemini and Pikkolo baby carriers distribute their weight properly for growth and preventing hip dysplasia in this position.

Has anyone tries these carriers? Trying to break the tie here. Are there any other options out there that keep baby in a proper position for growth? (My baby is 3 months old and about 13 pounds, but he'd been able to hold his head up on his own since he was born).

No carrier or position poses any risk to a healthy baby hips, that's a very common misconception so don't let that influence your decision.

The Beco gemini is a good carrier but can cut into the thighs a little bit in the Ff position, especially if LO is nice and chunky.

However, that said, the best carrier ergonomically designed so all carry options in the new Ergo 360. Front facing, tummy facing, back carries and hip. It does it all and is super comfy!

Hope you manage to find a carrier that works for you and your Lo x

Thanks you guys :) I think I'm going to go with either the Lillebaby Organic or the Pikkolo though, people just rave about those! i need something sturdy enough for hiking but comfortable enough for doing chores around the house.

My baby is the same as yours. I have the ergo 360 and he loves it! It does cut in his inner knees a bit but not bad enough to not use it front facing. These days its the only way he will tolerate the carrier.

I haven't used one as I'm more of a wrapper, but I've heard great things about the Lillebaby. Good choice!

Even carriers that say they can face outwards say not to do it until they are 6 months old and for no more than 10-15 mins. You would be better looking for something you can use on your hip as they are no age or time limits on a hip carry.

I have a lillebaby and totally love it! My 3 month old loves it too and I've even put my 19 month old in it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->