Best nappy insert advice

Delilah

Mom to Nathan Ulysses
Reaction score
As the title says ladies, any advice and best places to buy would be great - I want to air dry so have to stay away from bamboo I'm told?

Thanks

Marie x

I air dry and use bamboo almost exclusively... it's the most absorbent and it really doesn't take that long to dry. On a radiator, a couple of hours, next to one overnight... anything else I don't know but I imagine a washing line in summer is fine!

as Femme says bamboo isnt that bad, I use a lot of bamboo and it all dries overnight on an airer next to the radiator. I really like hemp because its very slim, it takes less time to dry than bamboo but isnt QUITE as absorbent. Microfibre is the quickest drying but it can be bulky and it doesnt hold as much wet, its fine for daytime use you just may have to change the nappy fairly regularly to ensure against leakage from overspill. I also like the organic cotton, its similar to hemp on the absorbency and drying front.
A popular insert are the blueberry ones which combine and fold out for drying. They arent my favorite as they are bulky because of the microfibre but this will be less of an issue once my LO is bigger and can easily deal with slightly more bulk.
Hemp and bamboo inserts that fold out for drying (trifolds for eg) are great if you have to hang dry. Almost all my inserts are this type as although I do have a drier I prefer to hang dry as much as possible.

Thanks I'll go and google these and see where I can buy them

Mx

the weenotions website and the babykind website have various inserts for sale. or you could visit the clothnappytree website for some preloved ones.

Yeah I steared clear of bamboo in the beginning because I thought it would take forever to dry and it does in comparison to MF but it's not ageeees like a couple of hours on the radiator x

I excusively use bamboo and always air dry I wash every other day and pop them on the airer at the side of the radiator, they are always dry by morning and the radiators aren't on all night. I've tried micro fleece but I can't get on with it jack's always leak, he must be a heavy wetter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->