best place to buy bedding & essential needed?

gemmaevans

Reaction score
Hi, i have just brought my cot and mattress and started loooking at bedding and CANT beleive how expensive it is. so what i need to know is - what do i actually need? and where is the best place to get it?
I will get a moses basket too. so do i get a grobag and use this in cot an moses basket? a few bedsheets? (im thinking use cot at night and moses in day) first timer, so not sure

Thanks

Try NCT Nearly New Sales for stuff. Google National Childbirth Trust for sales in your area.

Dont bother with fitted sheets for moses basket. Use a pillow case as a sheet. Pop mattress inside & fold pillowcase over at one end for a snug fit.

I wouldnt bother with a grobag until baby can kick covers off. Use blankets until then. Then consider buying a supermarket own sleeping bag, instead of expensive Grobag.

If you have a thick mattress (ie. Mothercare sprung), cheap fitted sheets dont always fit, they arent made big enough & mattress cant lay flat.

Asda is great for cheaper essential bedding like fitted sheets and waterproof mattress protectors :) https://direct.asda.com/Bedding/607,default,sc.html

If you have a local IKEA they do really cheap fitted sheets :)

I got a flat single sheet and cut it into 4 and sewed up the edges and they fit perfectly. So much cheaper too.

I got 2 grobags in TKMax for £14.99 each, had seen them other places for nearly double that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->