Best places for school uniform - UK

biglebowski

Reaction score
Im trying to be organised and get some bits and bobs in for lo's school uniform (starts P2 in August).
We got a lot of the logo stuff recommended by the school last year and were really disappointed for the price. The T shirts were naff and washed badly, also cost more due to logo. The knitted slipover has washed great so we are ordering those through school. We have realised when he wears this you can put a plain polo or shirt and tie underneath.
So any recommendations for good, hard wearing stuff? I got his trousers in Next sale last year and was so impressed. They still look new!
Also does anyone have good tips to keep polo tops and shirts very white? I cant change washing products as my OH has eczema.

I always hit Sainsbury's when they have their 25% off sales. As for polo shirts losing battle they always end up stained in the end but so cheap i just buy more :dohh:

I prefer Sainsburys uniforms!

I tend to go to M&S as they fit my tall but slim DS and teeny DD1. There's a good choice of slim fit & adjustable waists, and some of the trousers have hems you can take down (just snip the thread) to give an extra inch or so length which is good.
I find just putting our school tops on the line to sun stains out helps a lot, but I do have to replace school polos somewhat frequently.

Thanks ladies! I thought maybe I was just naff at washing. I have bought a few polos to see us to the end of the term from Asda. They were so cheap so maybe I should just accept that replacing is the way to go. I should have thought of the sun...it worked wonders when I cloth nappied lo!!! Doh.

I get most of dd's in Sainsbury's too. Its not worth me paying a lot, because everything ends up stained or lost!

Next for ours. My eldest has had a pair of grey school shorts that she has had since the first day of p2 (she is going into p4 after the holidays) and the only reason I got her new ones a couple of months ago is that they were too tight. They look exactly the same as the new pair (condition wise)
None of her skirts have ever shown any sign of wear either. Her shirts and polo shirts wash well and again, I only need to replace when she outgrows (but have always managed to get the full school year out of them)

I've always got ours at m&s, the quality is good, it's not that expensive and I know they're going to have the sizes we need as our local one is massive. More of a convenience thing than anything really.

I usually get my sons uniform from F&F at Tesco. They are great quality and not expensive either! Which is great as he is nearly 7 so he is shooting up in height so uniform is needed replacing a lot!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->