Best time to book a private scan?

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
As the title says... I've never had a private scan done before as I've had early bleeding in both pregnancies so I got scanned regular at 6 or 7 weeks and the sonographer didn't really show us anything just said the baby is okay and the heartbeat is there.

This time around I'm thinking about booking a private scan just to make sure. They do It from 6 weeks, is it worth booking at 6 weeks or waiting until 8 or 9 weeks to see something a bit clearer?

At 6 weeks there's a chance you wont hear a heart beat yet, for peace of mind it's probably better to wait until closer to 8 weeks, and you'll see a lot more.

Where I live they won’t offer private scans u til 12ish weeks.

My doctor always scans me though if I have any concerns so I’m 11 weeks and I’ve had 3 scans. 1 early scan at 6 weeks to see where baby was at and saw heartbeat, one a 8 weeks which was a normal first appointment and then at 10 weeks because I freaked out thinking I had a mmc.

It’s personally up to you but if you can decide between 6 or 8 just go with 7!

In the UK they do privet scans from 6 weeks onwards. I went to baby bond. I'd go nearer to 8 weeks so u can see more. I had a scan at 7+1 and see baby and HB but my last scan at 9+1 it was really amazing because baby was moving. But I think they start moving at 8 weeks.

I agree closer to 8-9weeks allows you to see more, I had one at 6weeks and it wasn’t very clear although baby had HB and all was ok..x

I seen and heard my baby at 6 weeks 3 days through abdominal.. I was shocked wasn't expecting it.. not unusual for you to see it at 6 weeks but I would agree with the above and wait abit longer

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->