best time to get...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Terrilea, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Terrilea

Terrilea Me,OH & r beautiful Ruby

4D scan????

Is it better to get one arounf 26 weeks when baby still has enough room to move about freely or is it better to wait til about the 30wk mark? When he/she will be bigger and features are more defined and can't move about as much?
    We are looking to book one after xmas and were wondering if there is a specific time which is best??

2. jess_smurf

jess_smurf Angel Kristian & Olivia

oh i dunno i have nhs one at 28 weeks and 34 weeks so wanted to book private at 31 weeks they wont do them after 32 weeks as baby is too big

we get ours for £60 in our area so worth the money x

3. buttons27

buttons27 Proud Mummy.

Well i went for mine at 24 weeks because my OH was leaving with the navy for 5 months and we wanted to get it done before he left.. Surprisingly the pictures, i thought, were really good but the sonographer offered us to come back again for a rescan anyway.
    When i asked her when she thought the best time to have it done she said about 27-28 weeks.x

4. Terrilea

Terrilea Me,OH & r beautiful Ruby

Thanks bumpy..x i think we'll follow that advice and book for 20 something of January when im approx 28 weeks xx

5. lucyaliceann

lucyaliceann First baby due 19-04-10

Bumpy, the picture you have there is amazing!!

I really want a 4D scan - would love to see LO again as I have had my last NHS scan... but it seems like a lot of money and I don't think OH will go for it :-(

6. buttons27

buttons27 Proud Mummy.

Aww thanks hun :). Thats from the one i had at 24 weeks, which tbh i prefer to the ones i got a few days ago! Think thats just down to having a stubborn little miss in my tummy though lol.x

7. ilovecocopops

ilovecocopops Well-Known Member

Ive booked mine for next week when i will be almost 26 weeks. They say between 24 and 32 i think x

8. mommy-in-june

mommy-in-june Bodhi's Mommy

We are going when I'm 16 weeks so we can try to get a jump on knowing the gender. Isn't that awful? We just can't wait..... :blush: