Best time to start washing baby's clothes?

familygirl30

Reaction score
I'm 33 weeks tomorrow,when do u think is best time to start washing them?

I started at 33/34 weeks and done a bit at a time. I was nervous about an early arrival though after Joshua came at 34 weeks x

If you have somewhere to put them that's not dusty or dirty ... Eg a dresser ... Then go for it whenever u want...

Unless ur starting mat leave soon... In which case do it then coz u might be bored

I am going to start mine soon as I want to get my hospital bag packed and the baby clothes need to be washed to go in it.

I washed all of mine last week, and blankets etc. Then put them all away in a chest of drawers.
I ironed everything aswell...even baby grows! Only because I had nothing else to do haha

With my first, I washed and sorted them several times, as a time killer and because I just loved handling and looking at them. Nothing with that, they get extra soft :). This time, I am just getting ready to start, as I have to start packing a hospital bag eventually, and need them clean :)

I did mine last week because hubby was away and I was bored :p Also because I am going away next week and thought it would be best to have them done before bub was full term... but I doubt he will come early anyway.

I will wait until baby is here except for a few handmedowns that I will use after she is born until laundry is done. I'm not looking for anything to keep me busy, my job seems to fill that gap lol! I cant imagine that the first time laundry will take more than a few hours anyways, so I don't feel like I need to prepare in advance.

I'll do mine when I start maternity leave (35 weeks) and Hubbie has assembled babies wardrobe so I have somewhere to put them.

I'm 36 weeks, washed all Moses basket sheets, blankets, towels, muslin wraps, next loads will be babies clothes 0-3 months. I will be ironing them all too.

Keeps me busy and I feel better knowing everything ready before 37 weeks.

I'm 32+4 and started yesterday. I teach and it's half term so got a week off. Decided to try and get hospital bag sorted as well in the next few days.

I'll be looking at the next few weeks here. Baby shower is this Sunday. So I'll have even more clothes to wash then XD And we are thinking on packing our hospital bag that following weekend and if not that weekend the weekend after. So hopefully between writing out 'thank you' notes, I will be washing baby clothes next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->