Best time to test ovulation??

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
I've never used an ovulation test so I'm hoping you guys can help me :)

My last period was on 23rd last month and I want to check if I'm actually ovulating so when is the best day and time? I've read you shouldn't use fmu and also from day 12 is about when I should test?

What if I get negative result on day 12 do I just wait till the next day and test again?

My cycles are usually 28 days, I've been off depo for 13 months and they are starting to regulate again but I'm so worried I'm not even ovulating :(

Please let me know anything a beginner needs to know :)

Thanks x

Stalking! I never bothered last time and my cycles are being really weird this time so I'd like to check if I'm ovulating as well.

Nice to see I'm not alone!

I guess it won't hurt to try it out next month if nothing happens till then lol x

I might order some off amazon, it'll save some pregnancy tests if nothing else.

What cycle day are you now on? I will order some for next month x

I'm on CD 8 so if I order them today I might get some in time.

Late reply but yup, best to start around cd12 if you normally have a 28 day cycle. You can test once a day but if you have lots of tests I'd recommend testing 2-3 times a day until you get your positive as it can happen quickly [I've tested in the AM, got a negative and tested again 6 hours later and had a blaring positive then by the next morning it was negative again, I would have totally missed it if I hadn't tested the second time] Then you will typically ovulate 24-48hrs after your first positive [I say first as you can sometimes have a positive for a day or two]

Good luck and baby dust!

Well I've got mine. I have a 30 day cycle so I'm going to test today.

Thanks lovn, good luck button!

I will be testing from next month onwards, so scared I will get negatives :(

Thanks lovn, good luck button!

I will be testing from next month onwards, so scared I will get negatives :(

If you've gotten back into 28-32 day cycles you're most likely ovulating. If you go longer [like much longer 40+ days you may not be.] Fingers crossed you are! :thumbup:

I got a positive OPK today so that's reassuring. Not much I can do about it though as OH is ill :(

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for next month.

Lovn, I really hope so, usually since off depo and periods returning I get a weird mid cycle bleed but so far haven't which seems like maybe my body is getting back on track that's if I get my period on time this month and if not then a BFP lol x

I got a positive OPK today so that's reassuring. Not much I can do about it though as OH is ill :(

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for next month.

Ohh yaaay! So exciting!

What time did you test?

At 3pm. I'm just glad I'm working, I've been having a lot of mid cycle bleeding as well.

Well AF came today so that's 27 days, not bad I usually come a day or two earlier or later so gonna order the OPKs and test this cycle x

At 3pm. I'm just glad I'm working, I've been having a lot of mid cycle bleeding as well.

Have you seen the dr yet? I know you got a positive OPK so that's good right? Could mid cycle bleeding possibly be ovulation bleed?

I'm seeing dr on Tuesday, I don't think it's implantation as it's happened every cycle and it's too heavy for implantation. I'm hoping the positive OPK means that it's just funny hormones after stopping breastfeeding and the mini pill so hopefully a month of pill will fix it.

Good luck with testing this cycle.

Yeah it could be that, When did you stop breast feeding?

I'm hoping to stop ASAP my son will be 25 months at the end of this month!

When he turned 21 months, he'll be 2 on the seventh of feb. I was lucky he dropped his last feed himself so I didn't have to wean him off it.

Have you started using your OPKs yet? I've started AF today so I'm going to try them again this cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->