Best To Have For Newborns

Pops

Proud Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
We would like to have some cloths that will hopefully fit Missy when she is born in the event that everything goes well and we feel confident to start with them straight away.

We have an Itti rainbow and a few others but we know she may need to grow into these so we are looking for an alternative for when (if) she is weeny.

BabyHaines told me that some muslins and a few teeny tiny wraps would be good and I think Lisa said the Tots Bots were good but my rubbish pregnancy brain has lost most of this information :blush:

Have I remembered that correctly or has it got mashed up in my head!? And if so, do Tots Bots need wraps (I think they do) and where do I get pretty teeny wraps?

xxx

ps: we do have some disposables just in case but we'd like to have both options.

Tots bot do need wraps hun :)

Theres loats of different wraps and a few prettys but i found Bummis Wraps worked well and also i know that Motherease wraps are highly rated and they also come in XS size!

Muslins or prefolds are the best for newborns but they can be pretty bulky so be prepared for that. After them though i think the Ittis will fit not too long after. They can be done really teeny so wouldnt think it'll be long before they would fit!

HTH

Kirsty x

For the newborn stage I bought Fuzzi Bunz one size in extra small and the tot bot tiny fits (which is like the easy fit, but in a newborn size and are an all in one, no cover needed). I'm hoping not to use disposables at all, which is why I bought diapers for the newborn stage. Both these were recommended by the company I purchase all my diapers from.

She said the FB will need an insert when they are at the upper side of the weight limit, but a wipe will work. She really likes the absorbency of the tiny fit. They actually come with an extra booster which is nice.

Totsbots are launching a teenyfit nappy that are essentially AIO (5lbs-12lbs) I plan on having a few of those when we try for no.2, i'm not fond of folding it's one of the few things i loose patience with!

I've heard good things about XS BGs, and also Mini Deluxe Blueberries. x

I loved the TB bamboozles (with newborn wraps) when Sid was born - lovely snug fit :) The small Itti's did fit but there was quite a leg gape where the wraps over a little muslin or a fitted like a TB keep it all in place, meaning no gape ;) Little Lambs are similar I think.

For pretty newborn wraps I'd look for WAHM type things that you can snap up for pennies really.

This is Sid 4 days old and 8lb ish in a small Itti - it's not too big but like I said, there was big gape going on so leaks would have been likely.

x
sid.jpg

we used rumparooz as a first nappy - they do a newborn size but to be honest the btp ones on the smallest setting go from 6lb - Lucas was around 6lb5 when he first wore his

https://www.funkymonkeypants.com/rumparooz.html

I'd def be going for BG AIO in XS and muslin squares with a wrap if i were having a baby again x

Totsbots are launching a teenyfit nappy that are essentially AIO (5lbs-12lbs) I plan on having a few of those when we try for no.2, i'm not fond of folding it's one of the few things i loose patience with!

Those sound like the ones I have, the Tini Fits. They got great reviews from the testers who used them. :)

I would deff vote for the Rumparooz and the small aio BG's xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->