BET Awards to Honour MJ!

WTTMommy

Mama to Rach
Reaction score
I can't wait for the show :happydance: Anyone else tuning in?

---

*Expect big changes in Sunday's BET Awards. We're talking "a total overhaul" as the show is retooled to become a tribute to Michael Jackson.

The telecast is being lengthened, performers are being added to the lineup and additional guests are expected to attend, said Debra L. Lee, Chairman and Chief Executive of Black Entertainment Television.

"We're adding on," Lee said from the Shrine Auditorium, where the awards will be presented Sunday. "We're trying to do the numbers we had already planned and we're trying to add on, so it may be a longer show than we anticipated."

At least 30 minutes will be added to the broadcast, she said. Jamie Foxx is set to host the show.

Jackson died Thursday afternoon at UCLA Medical Center after being stricken at his Los Angeles home.

Meanwhile, artists such as Beyonce and Ne-Yo, who worked on their performances for weeks, scrambled to change them last-minute to honor the King of Pop, said producer Stephen Hill.

"To change it up in three days is something that's not easy but they're all willing and looking forward to it," Hill said. "There's a direct line from Ne-Yo to Michael Jackson. There's a direct line from Beyonce to Michael Jackson. There's a direct line from Jay-Z to Michael Jackson. I think they'll want to pay tribute in their own way."

I might watch this now because of this! Normally I never watch BET. Aside from some of the movies.. watched Get Rich or Die Tryin the other night :shy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->