Bethanie bumped her head

T

Tilly

We were getting out of the bath and I put her on he bath mat whilst I got out (so she didn't slip in the bath funnily enough) and she slipped and hit her head on the edge of the shower step. It looked bad, ouch and she has a lump/bruise in the middle of her eyebrows now. Don't know if you can see, but it's raised and a purple/bluey colour.
https://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/tilly206/S6004765.jpg

She had a good cry and tantrum because I wouldn't let her go "walky", but shes fine now that shes been listening to some music on the Fifi website.

What shall I do? how do I know shes ok after bumping herself like that? should I call doctor.. or not unless she changes? is she ok to go for her nap as usual after a bump like that?

Sorry for 20 questions.

i think with heads you should keep an eye for vomiting and tiredness call nhs direct to check tho hun

x

Oh bless her you can just make the lump out on the pic, looks like it may take a little while for the bruising to come out.

I dont really have much advice, the docs generally tend to say watch out for them being alot sleepier (kind of drowisness) than usual but I suppose thats a tad difficult at this time of night isnt it, since she fell if she has been responding well to you, and her behaviour hasn't really changed very much chances are she will be just fine. But if you are uncertain then i see no harm in contacting NHS direct, im sure they get it all the time us over protective mums. Best off to be safe than sorry

Hope shes feeling better soon

x

Shes been fine all day and I let her have her nap as usual (read that was ok on NHS Direct's website). She is fine tonight, just been letting her watch a bit of Fifi to keep an eye on her, given her some calpol and cuddles and shes off to bed now. She seems fine but I will be keeping an eye on her through the night.

Thanks all :)

aww bless her! Hope she's ok. She's such a cutie :)

My nephew fell and bumped his head the other week, my sister took him to A&E and they told her that it was ok for him to sleep but if she had trouble waking him then to seek medical advice, he was allowed to be sick no more than 3 times in 24 hours - if he was then again seek medical advice. Hope this helps. :hug:for you and little Bethanie

Awwww poor woman. Hope her bruising goes down soon x

:( aww the poor little thing :hugs:

Thanks for the kind words everyone, shes being a little poo again today so I think shes fine lol.:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->